Your guess is as good as mine as to why it took so long for a chicken sandwich (beyond Chicken Littles) from KFC to be given some attention in the United States. The Zinger chicken sandwich has been a hit product in other parts of the world and you’d think that with the growth of Chick-fil-A over the last 15 years, KFC would have been quicker to take on the competition. Now that KFC’s Zinger is available stateside, I’ll just say better late than never and hope this is a hint of what’s to come. KFC describes the new Zinger chicken sandwich like this:
If you’re looking for a spicy, crispy chicken sandwich worthy of the name Zinger, then look no further, because it’s right here on the menu in the good ole US of A. Try one today in a $5 Fill Up with wedges, a cookie, and a drink.
The Zinger is made with a 100% chicken breast filet, double hand-breaded, fried, and topped with lettuce and the Colonel’s mayonnaise on a toasted sesame seed bun. Looks good doesn’t it?
… continue reading “Review: Zinger from KFC”
The dessert line-up at Sonic just got a lot bigger with the introduction of new Custard Concretes. Custard Concretes are a smoother and creamier style of frozen treat that will also feature a variety of mix-in options including M&M Minis, Butterfinger, and OREO cookies to name a few. Custard Concretes are available at participating Sonic locations for a limited time only. Here’s the line-up:
- Vanilla Custard Concrete made with Heath Toffee Pieces: A spoonable frozen treat made with smooth & creamy Vanilla custard, mixed with your favorite Heath bar pieces.
- Dark Chocolate Custard Concrete made with OREO Cookie Pieces: A spoonable frozen treat made with smooth & creamy Dark Chocolate custard, mixed with your favorite OREO cookies.
- Peanut Butter Custard Concrete made with Butterfinger Pieces: A spoonable frozen treat made with smooth & creamy Peanut Butter custard, mixed with your favorite Butterfinger candy bar.
- Caramel Custard Concrete made with Snickers Bars: A spoonable frozen treat made with smooth & creamy Caramel custard, mixed with your favorite Snickers Bar.
- Banana Custard Concrete made with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups: A spoonable frozen treat made with smooth & creamy Banana custard, mixed with your favorite Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
- Strawberry Custard Concrete made with M&Ms Chocolate Candies: A spoonable frozen treat made with smooth & creamy Strawberry custard, mixed with your favorite mini M&Ms Candies.
On Wednesday, April 26th, Sonic will be promoting their Ice Cream Slushes with a special price of 79 cents for the small size. At participating SONIC® Drive-In restaurants while supplies last. Limit 5. Tax not included. Add-Ins cost extra.
The DQ Bakes! line of Artisan-style Sandwiches has a new entry with the new Kansas City BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich. This new sandwich features slowly cooked pulled pork topped with Kansas City style BBQ sauce, sliced onions, and pickles served hot from the oven on an artisan-style pretzel roll. Available for a limited time only at participating Dairy Queen locations. Nutrition info: 430 calories, 15 grams of fat, 4.5 grams of saturated fat, 1410 milligrams of sodium, 69 grams of carbs, 2 grams of fiber, 26 grams of sugar, 33 grams of protein.
My local McDonald’s in Maryland has introduced a new line of sandwiches called Signature Crafted Recipes. There are three featured recipes… Pico Guacamole, Sweet BBQ Bacon, and Maple Bacon Dijon. These new sandwiches aren’t on the McDonald’s website, so consider this either an early release, or regional testing. Let us know in the comments if your local McDonald’s is offering Signature Crafted Recipes. Readers in Missouri and Ohio have reached out to let me know they’re being offered in their area.Step 1: Choose your recipe:
- Pico Guacamole: Pico de gallo, guacamole, creamy buttermilk ranch, white cheddar and lettuce. $5.39, 470-680 calories
- Sweet BBQ Bacon: Sweet BBQ sauce, Applewood smoked bacon, grilled & crispy onions and white cheddar. $5.39, 530-740 calories
- Maple Bacon Dijon: Bacon with maple seasoning, Dijon mustard, grilled onions, white cheddar and lettuce. $5.39, 580-800 calories
Step 2: Choose your protein
- 100% Beef 1/4 lb. patty
- Buttermilk Crispy Chicken
- Artisan Grilled Chicken
Step 3: Choose your bun
- Artisan Roll
- Sesame Seed Bun
New at Checkers and Rally’s is the Melty Steakzilla. Now available for a limited time only at participating locations.
No craving is a match for something this colossal. Two 100% beef patties, shaved Philly steak, crispy onions, Swiss cheese all topped with a creamy peppercorn-seasoned cheese sauce and served on a toasted Kaiser bun. This burger is over-the-top and flavor packed.
Also new to the menu is the Peppercorn Steak Burger which joins the Philly Cheesesteak Burger which was reviewed here on GrubGrade last year.
Vegetarians, cover your eyes. The Peppercorn Steak Burger has arrived. We’re serving up 100% beef and shredded steak. We’ve topped it off with Swiss cheese, creamy peppercorn sauce and crispy onion tanglers served on a toasted Kaiser bun.
For a limited time only, White Castle is offering the new Bacon Jam Slider. The Bacon Jam Slider features smoked cheddar, bacon jam, and grilled onions White Castle’s signature bun. Priced at 99-cents each. Also as you can see from the picture below, Mac & Cheese Nibblers are back.In addition to the new Bacon Jam Slider, White Castle is now offering the new Black Bean Slider with a patty made from black beans, red peppers, and corn. Priced at 99-cents each ($1.19 each in New York locations).