New Beyond Famous Star Burger from Carl’s Jr.

What is the Beyond Burger? Carl’s Jr. says it’s “the world’s first plant-based burger that looks, cooks, and satisfies like beef, and is made without soy, gluten or GMOs. It has all the juicy, meaty deliciousness of a traditional burger and packs 20 grams of plant-based protein.”  The Beyond Burger is featured in the new Beyond Famous Star Burger, now available at more than 1,000 Carl’s Jr. locations.  The Beyond Famous Star Burger features a quarter-pound Beyond Burger patty cooked on an open flame and is topped with American cheese, special sauce and mayo, lettuce, tomato, onion, and dill pickles on a lightly toasted sesame seed bun. Suggested price $6.29.  You can swap the beef patty for a Beyond Burger patty on any Carl’s Jr. sandwich for $2.  The Beyond Famous Star Burger will set you back 710 calories, 40 grams of fat, 1550 milligrams of sodium, 61 grams of carbs, 5 grams of fiber, 12 grams of sugar and 30 grams of protein.

8 comments on “New Beyond Famous Star Burger from Carl’s Jr.

1. Ben says:

To his his own. But not for me. Give a fat sandwich with thick beef with all the trimmings.

2. thetentman says:

Never will I eat a burger that did not have a face.

3. David says:

What’s the point of eating a “non meat” burger if it still packs in over 700 calories and 40 grams of fat. The meat doesn’t come from a cow but could have you looking like a cow if you eat enough of them. I’ll stick with Super Star Thank you very much!!!

4. thetentman says:

Thankfully, there are no Carl’s near me. However, unless there was a gun to my head I would not put this in my mouth. EVER! And maybe I would insist that the trigger be pulled.

5. Kristina says:

This is going to be my new go to from Carl’s. So happy they did this!

6. Bubbsy says:

Sounds fine… or at least a veg sandwich doesn’t get me upset like some people, lol. If they can make plant protein taste good, I’d give it a go incorporated into some “ground meat” items to see if it’s good. Wouldn’t ever want to eat a substitute to whole cuts of meat like a steak or chicken thighf if the real thing is available, but for meatballs or tacos or something, I wouldn’t mind *trying* a veg protein substance. I’d probably be liberal with seasoning, heh.

7. Jake says:

As a Vegetarian, I will avoid this like a plague. Too much fat and calorie content for just the burger alone. Plus I am sure its cross contaminated.

8. Brendon Carr says:

“Cross contaminated”? As in, your precious vegetarian burger might have come into incidental contact with the unclean? Yeah, it’s not a religion.