New Western Bacon Crisscuts from Carl’s Jr.

Thanks to GrubGrade reader Ryan for the heads-up that his local Carl’s Jr. in Pomona, California is offering new Western Bacon Crisscuts.  Let us know if you’ve come across these in your local area.

So there were a decent amount of criss cut fries. Covered in cheese, chopped strips of bacon, and the western bacon BBQ sauce. Sadly no onion rings. Cost me $4.09 plus tax.

10 comments on “New Western Bacon Crisscuts from Carl’s Jr.

1. Johnnyboy says:

As long as they taste as close to Chick-fil-A as possible, they will be alright. I hope their toppings are premium and then it was taste as good as Wendy’s fry platters.

• Barnaby says:

Chick Fil A doesn’t do bacon cheese fries. And no they won’t stand back there and crumble bacon for you.
      I got a smile from the “premium” toppings from Wendy’s though, I’m considering all the places that put toppings on fries and you chose them as premium….
      But why would you hope Carl’s Jr food tastes just like Chick Fil A and Wendy’s? That’s like saying “I hope Burger King comes out with a burger that tastes just like McDonalds, that would be awesome”.

2. Ryan D says:

I would like to also add that as with most loaded type fries, the ones on the bottom had no cheese, bacon, or sauce on them. lol

• Stilletkniv says:

You’d think they’d go the extra inch, if charging $5 for a handful of fries, and at least do like places who do nachos right with layering: layer half of chips, top them, layer other half of chips, top them.
      I know the logistics of that sound awful – but considering the price, they can scoop the whole serving of fries into a bowl at the fryer and take them to the prep area to layer the toppings.

3. Jesse says:

Looks good, if not so pricey.

4. Gr8pimpin says:

Seen them here in Sherman Oaks/Van Nuys CA

5. Patrick Bateman says:

Is it just me or does that sound steep?

6. Kevin Vesga says:

I’ve also come across these in Newport Beach, California. I didn’t try them though.

7. Rene B. says:

I spotted these being offered at one of the Carl Jr. locations in Visalia, CA. which is a long way from the L.A. area where the photo was taken in.

8. Laurie Mo says: