Burger King Promotes Sourdough King and Breakfast Sourdough King

Last October we brought you news of a test run of the Sourdough King from Burger King.  The Sourdough King is now the featured menu item on the BK menu and there’s a breakfast version too.  The Sourdough King features more than a 1/2 pound of flame-grilled 100% beef, American cheese, thick cut bacon, onions and creamy signature sauce on a soft sourdough bun.  Available for a limited time only at participating Burger King locations.  Also available in the Sourdough King Single.  Priced at $4.99 for the single (730 calories) or $5.99 for the regular Sourdough King with double beef patties (970 calories) .  Prices may vary.  On the breakfast side of the BK menu is the new Breakfast Sourdough King.  The trio of Breakfast Sourdough King sandwiches include the Smoked Double Bacon, Savory Double Sausage, and the Smoked Double Ham.

8 comments on “Burger King Promotes Sourdough King and Breakfast Sourdough King

1. Johnnyboy says:

WOW, my favorite bread!!! I am definitely trying all of these. I hope they keep Sourdough on the menu! WOO HOO!

2. M-Logan says:

I had the bacon (breakfast) version yesterday, and like ANY breakfast I’ve ever had from BK, it was disappointing. The cheese was unmelted, the egg was just nasty, and the “sourdough” seemed more like wheat bread. Yuck.

3. holly says:

what’s the price on the breakfast sandwiches?

4. Shan says:

I just had the single and couldn’t finish it. The bacon was way too salty.

5. M-Logan says:

I think they are around 3.69 – seemed more like a 1.99 sammitch to me.

As for salty bacon, not sure what to say to that – if you aren’t a salt fan, bacon might not be your thing 🙂

6. Dave says:

Tried the Sourdough King again. Much better execution than in October – the Sourdough was sufficiently grilled this time! The sandwich definitely benefits from the addition of Bacon.

7. Sascha says:

We also have the bacon Swiss sourdough King here in Michigan. Same concept, except Swiss cheese and a “Bacon Mayo”. Sounds way better to me.