Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s Introduce the Steak, Egg & Cheese Biscuit and Burrito

Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s are now featuring steak on the breakfast menu with the introduction of the new Steak, Egg & Cheese Biscuit and Steak, Egg & Cheese Burrito.  Available at all participating Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s locations nationwide. The Steak, Egg & Cheese Biscuit features marinated grilled steak, folded egg and a slice of Swiss cheese,  between a Made from Scratch™ Biscuit.
SteakEggCheeseBiscuitThe Steak, Egg & Cheese Burrito features marinated grilled steak, scrambled eggs, Pepper Jack cheese, shredded Jack and Cheddar cheeses, and fresh salsa in a warm flour tortilla.

SteakEggCheeseBurritoThe Steak, Egg & Cheese Biscuit is available for $2.99, and as a combo with hash rounds and a drink for $4.69, while the Steak, Egg & Cheese Burrito is available for $3.99 or for $5.69 in a combo. Prices may vary by location.

11 comments on “Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s Introduce the Steak, Egg & Cheese Biscuit and Burrito

1. Will says:

i liked it better when the steak biscuit at Hardee’s was like a country fried steak. this looks stupid.

2. Steven says:

Had the biscuit for breakfast today. The steak reminded me of what Taco Bell offers. Not the tasty steak that McDonald’s cooks or Dunkin’ reheats. Will not be getting again!

3. Seth says:

I’ve always been extremely disappointed with the size-to-cost ratio of their breakfast burritos. Not much bigger than a McDonald’s burrito in my experience.

4. mike says:

They have had the burrito for years in california.

5. Johnnyboy says:

That burrito looks good and I don’t even like breakfast burritos. McDonald’s need to bring this kind of burrito and drop the crappy breakfast $1 burrito.

6. Chief says:

I tried the biscuit and it was terrible. The steak was the consistency of jello. Never again.

7. M-Logan says:

I tried the biscuit yesterday. Let me start by saying I really like the “steak” bagel at McD, and also the “country fried steak” biscuit at Hardees. I was questioning this upfront because of how they serve it in smaller chunks – I kind of take that to mean it would be “not good” as one whole patty. Then again, the one at McD is pretty clearly chopped/pressed/formed, so… Anyway, I was disappointed with this offering. “Steak” is quite a stretch, more like “Alpo”. There is a gelatinous quality to the “meat” that is not at all steaky, and I much prefer their old “country fried” steak (which for all I know might just be hamburger lightly breaded and fried LOL).

8. Joe Kirkpatrick says:

When 1st introduced @ McDonald’s on their steak, egg, and cheese bagel; the quality of the steak was of a significantly higher quality. It was not chopped/pressed/formed like their current offering. Then they changed their purveyor some years ago and hence the product we see now. They also put quite a few more grilled onions on the bagel product then they do currently.

McDonald’s also used to offer a CFS biscuit. The product, shaped somewhat like an hour glass – cooked to a perfect state of yumminess. Then it disappeared from the menu. As I remember that was before the fast-food gestapo convinced McDonald’s to change most of their prep/cooking methods.