Denny’s Launches New Buttermilk Pancakes

Denny’s went back to the drawing board with their pancakes and have come up with new and improved Buttermilk Pancakes.  The all-new recipe uses fresh ingredients such as real eggs, flour, fresh buttermilk and vanilla.  The result of the new pancake recipe is a thicker, fluffier pancake… 50% more fluffy actually.Dennys New PancakesTo promote new Buttermilk Pancakes, there are four Signature Builds available for a limited time:

• Sticky Bun Pancakes – Cinnamon sauce and cream cheese icing drizzled over two new fluffy buttermilk pancakes with glazed pecans cooked inside.  Priced at $7.59 (may vary) and served with two eggs and hashbrowns, plus your choice of two strips of bacon or two sausage links.

Sticky Bun Pancake Dennys

• Strawberries & Cream Pancakes – Two new fluffy buttermilk pancakes filled with white chocolate chips, topped with vanilla cream and fresh strawberries. Priced at $7.99 (may vary) and served with two eggs and hashbrowns, plus your choice of two strips of bacon or two sausage links.

Strawberries Cream Pancakes Dennys

• Double Berry Banana Pancakes – Two new fluffy buttermilk pancakes with juicy blueberries cooked inside and topped with fresh strawberries and bananas. Priced at $7.99 (may vary) and served with two eggs and hashbrowns, plus your choice of two strips of bacon or two sausage links.

Double Berry Banana Pancake Dennys

• Peanut Butter Cup Pancakes – Chocolate chips and white chocolate chips inside two new fluffy buttermilk pancakes, topped with hot fudge and drizzled with peanut butter sauce. Priced at $7.59 (may vary) and served with two eggs and hashbrowns, plus your choice of two strips of bacon or two sausage links.

Peanut Butter Cup Pancake DennysAdditionally, you can upgrade two strips of bacon to new Honey Jalapeno Bacon for 99 cents more.  I sampled the new pancake at a press conference at the Denny’s restaurant in Manhattan (note: they have a full bar at this location).  I tried the new recipe pancake alongside the previous version and the difference between the two isn’t at all subtle. Dennys PancakesJust from a visual perspective you’re looking at a major change.  Denny’s new pancakes are available all day, every day at breakfast, lunch, dinner and late-night.

9 comments on “Denny’s Launches New Buttermilk Pancakes

1. Adam says:

I may finally have the motivation to check out that $4 all you can eat pancake deal.

2. Caitlin J says:

What is the difference between the buttermilk pancakes and the fluffier buttermilk pancakes in terms of calories, do you know this? They look delicious!

3. goodi2shooz says:

Great… I’m not really a pancake person, but Denny’s pancakes were out of this world and now they’ve changed them, my husband loves their pancakes too but I doubt he will like this new version… why mess with perfection Denny’s your pancakes were perfect the way they were

4. Adam says:

I ordered a stack of two for lunch today (the plain buttermilk pancakes, that is). Frankly, I felt guilty about the how little they charge you because the pancakes are huge, fluffy, and taste great. Nice and chewy without being doughy and just a little tang and sweetness. Better than IHOP or Bob Evans, for sure, and you can’t beat the price. Best pancakes I’ve ever gotten from a non pricey “brunch” place.

@Caitlin,

I think they have more calories, but I mean they are pretty big and substantial.

5. Steph' says:

Very nice! Thanks for posting, we checked it out. Both had the Double Berry–can really taste the vanilla. Doesn’t really need any syrup, just a drizzle is fine.

6. Burt Sanchez says:

Hopefully they taste better, I hated their pancakes more than I hate “Perkins” pancakes. Looking forward to trying them soon

7. John Sibiga says:

Just went today and had the peanut butter pancakes. THEY WERE AMAZING! Needed only very little syrup. Amazingly fluffy and a perfect mix of pancake and “flavoring” I will be getting this always!

8. David says:

I gotta admit..those stick bun pancakes do look good.