New Whopperrito from Burger King

Burger King recently came out with a Whopper Dog, so why not a Whopper burrito?  Here’s a first look at the Whopperrito which is currently available at a Burger King in Hermitage, PA.  If you’re not familiar with the BK Whopper (with cheese), it’s flame-grilled beef, American cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, mayo, ketchup, pickles, and white onions… now imagine all those ingredients wrapped in a flour tortilla and you’ve got yourself a Whopperrito.  We’ll keep an eye out for this one to see when it gets a wide release.Whopperrito

63 comments on “New Whopperrito from Burger King

1. Nicky says:

As someone who lives 15 minutes away from Hermitage, I apologize for this. Why can’t they stop with all of this weird junk? Bring back the quality of the core menu before doing crap like this. What’s next, Whopper soup?

• Esther says:

Cheeseburger soup is actually a really tasty thing, but I pray BK does not make an attempt at it.

• Nium says:

I could actually be enticed to try Whopper soup, if only because I’m intrigued by how they could translate those flavors into a soup. I can basically taste this thing already by approximating it to a Big Mac wrap but with Burger King’s flavor.

• Jon says:

That’s basically what their old chili was… yesterday’s Whopper patties chopped up and thrown in with beans and water and “chili base”.

Source: I worked there around 2003-2004.

2. John Le says:

Burger King is desperate now

3. Johnnyboy says:

Maybe dipped in batter and Deep Fried Whopper is next. Maybe Whopper flavored fries?

4. DanaB says:

Stole my joke, Nicky! lol
    I literally laughed out loud when I saw this. They seem to be trying a bit too hard with the “innovative” ideas, but who knows, it could surprise people. I did love the snack wraps from McDs before they axed them.

5. Sascha says:

I want this in my life!
    I need this in my life!
    Just hold the damn cheese, please.

6. Robert says:

This is honestly hilarious. I kinda wanna try one, but the proportions will likely be all off, like the awful Mac Wrap from McD. Besides, Whoppers are far better without cheese.

7. Starkzilla says:

So it’s like McDonald’s Big Mac wrap all over again but possibly worse. Goodness.

8. Technosquid says:

Whopper power activate. Form of… Burrito!

9. Justin ST says:

Don’t make the pickles standard and offer the option for chicken, and this would rock.

10. CulinaryZerg says:

LMAO, stay terrible, Burger King

11. BigBelly says:

Can’t wait to read Ryan’s review of the upcoming “YumboRito”
    😉

12. ThePappy says:

Mmm I’m so Not surprised it even has pickhles and ketchup on it mmm

13. BigPappy says:

Mmm, it looks good, so I’m not surprised. Does it even have booth pickles and ketchup on it? Ha Ha…

14. Noodlez says:

Oh man I can’t wait to see how sad this looks compared to the ad.

15. Ryan says:

Whopper milkshake is next.

16. Kyle b says:

Just thinking of this makes me want to vomit.

17. Laura says:

It has spicy cheese sauce instead of actual cheese. The whole thing is too “wet” – the cheese sauce mixed with the vegetables (lettuce, tomato, pickles, onion) is a lot of moisture. The proportion of burger to the rest of the ingredients is way off and the cheese sauce is too spicy. And it’s hard to get all of the ingredients in one bite. I won’t order it again.

18. Jonathan Wayne says:

What in the bloody hell???
    They just don’t care anymore, do they?

19. […] unveiled the unholy offspring of a cheeseburger and a burrito, aptly named the Whopperrito, reports GrubGrade. The mash-up menu item apparently takes all the toppings from a Whopper—cheese, meat, […]

20. richard says:

How About a Whopper Breakfast bowl….

You can have whopper for breakfast right???

21. […] is a combination of two very unlikely foods: a Whopper and a burrito. Originally reported by GrubGrade, this new fast food monstrosity takes the ingredients from Burger King’s most iconic […]

22. Blousey says:

Wow, BK provides a Whopper option for the folks who prefer a wrap to a big spongy bun…. and all the fast food groupies go crazy : “STOP OFFERING THINGS I DON’T LIKE!!!! IT’S NOT AUTHENTIC!! ” lol

• Da King says:

This site is so biased to BK. The majority of Youtube reviews for the Whopper dog were positive.

• MP says:

Oh please. This site is at least honest, authentic, genuine, and has nothing to gain by praising/denouncing products, unlike Youtube who has a bunch of millionaire wannabes posting clickbait trying to make an easy buck posting reviews.
        Burger King is stingy & uses garbage ingredients while vastly overcharging. Have you seen how thin & dry Whopper & Jr Whopper patties are? Or how bland and dirt-tasting the white lettuce & how extremely sour pickles are? Or how the overused long bun seem to dominate all the other ingredients? If anything, BK lassoed onto someone making a legit product to compensate their typical mediocre produces & overcharge it.
        I’m not paying $2.29+ for a hot dog; especially not from a crummy burger place. Burger King deserves all the ridicule it gets. A shadow of its former self.

• doctorx0079 says:

“This is a close up photo of a Whopper patty straight from the takeout window. If it looks like the surface is covered in little deflated bags of coagulated meat protein, that’s because that’s exactly what it is. Safe to eat? Sure. But we can do better.”

• alexG says:

Totally agree that BK lost it’s touch a long time ago. If they just would concentrate on improving their core product, Burgers, it would go a long way in improving it’s brand image.

Instead of doing that they roll out Hotdogs and now disgusting Burritos. You think Chipotle is quivering in their boots?

23. Matt says:

Honestly…….if they took out the pickles and lettuce out then it actually may have a fighters chance to be decent. I just cant imagine nasty wilted white lettuce and pickles in a burrito…….

24. Alek says:

Look like a rip-off of a gyro wrap. So lazy! Just a interior of a whopper chopped up and wrapped up

• holly says:

um, yeah…it’s a “whopperito” so I would expect it to be whopper ingredients chopped up inside a tortilla shell…

• Barnaby says:

…that’s funny… I swear the bulk of the comments here look like they came from people who had tasked themselves with trying to ridicule a burger wrap, couldn’t come up with any sharp, helpful, or relevant to say — but still felt the need to “contribute” just the same. “So it’s like a Whopper but in different bread, in different form, and with different toppings, how stupid! ! Wrrrbbllggrrrbblllll!”

25. […] GrubGrade gave us the first look above, saying it’s currently available in the town of Hermitage in Pennsylvania. In other words, it looks like they’re just testing it out for now. We’re not sure if it should stay that way, or if we like the possibility of seeing a national release. […]

26. […] recent post on GrubGrade reveals that a Whopperito is being tested in Hermitage, PA. You heard right, A Whopper burrito. […]

27. […] to Grubgrade.com, the blog that “broke” this amazing story, the advertisement for the Whopperrito was […]

28. Gerald says:

I need this in my belly.NOW!

29. ktmatt74 says:

What is the price of this oddity? Please dont try and charge a “premium” price for this. I’d try it for around 2 bucks.

30. […] the weekend, Grub Grade, spotted a sign advertising the new fast food mashup outside several Burger King locations in […]

31. […] for all of us, GrubGrade reports that these gastrointestinal nightmares are confined to the Burger Kings of Hermitage, […]

32. David says:

This is one of the worst ideas ever…so it’s fitting that it’s coming from Burger King.

33. […] blog GrubGrade was the first to report that a Pennsylvania-based Burger King was promoting the concoction. It remains to be seen if this […]

34. […] if you thought Burger King would park the crazy for a while after introducing Whopper dogs and Whopperritos, because the onetime burger chain has busted out perhaps the unholiest fast-food mash-up yet. Mac […]

35. […] Whopper cologne or hands-free Whopper holders, it looks like Burger King’s “Whopperrito” was not merely an elaborate attempt to troll detractors. The follow-up to the Whopper hot dog is […]

36. […] Whopper cologne or hands-free Whopper holders, it looks like Burger King’s “Whopperrito” was not merely an elaborate attempt to troll detractors. The follow-up to the Whopper hot dog is […]

37. Carl Sanderson says:

I tried one thinking or was basically a whopper in a wrap….it’s disgusting. It’s more like barfaritto.

38. Jane says:

I ate one from Honeybrook PA and it’s like the one person said the cheese sauce is spicy I didn’t realize it was going to be spicy I asked them at the window how was it different they said is exactly like a whopper but it’s in a burrito so I was very disappointed when it was spicy I don’t like anything spicy I don’t think it would’ve been bad if it wasn’t spicy the burrito was good it’s not a bad taste I don’t think I would’ve had a problem with it if it wasn’t spicyalso all that so I bought so it was exactly 391 with tax and they said on Wednesdays when they have half price whoppers these would not be half-price

39. Johnnyboy says:

Lol! I can’t stand people with bad grammar, spelling mistakes and punctuation marks.

• doctorx0079 says:

I hate trying to read run on sentences I mean its a pain in the butt to figure out where one sentence ends without any punctuation not to mention its harder to read when there is no apostrophe to distinguish between its and its and no hyphen for two part words

😉

40. ps says:

perrito is little dog in Spanish