New Wild Pepper Tenderloins from Popeyes Coming Soon

Popeyes recently brought back Rip’n Chick’n with a new sauce for a limited time (ended yesterday).  Starting today, and for the next four weeks or so,  Popeyes will be featuring its $5 Bonafide Big Box.  Thanks to GrubGrade reader Matt, here’s a glimpse of what’s coming after the $5 Bonafide Big Box ends its run on September 27th.  It’s new Wild Pepper Tenderloins… look for it on Monday, September 28th.  We’ll update with details on the new Popeyes LTO when they become available.

20150831_141032-1

21 comments on “New Wild Pepper Tenderloins from Popeyes Coming Soon

1. Robert says:

The $5 box with 3 tenders and 2 sides is a phenomenal deal. Plus my Popeyes lets me add 4 (they always give 5) nuggets for a buck.

Btw, a lot of McDonald’s seem to be offering 10 nuggets and a small fry for $2.50 now. Cha ching.

• Jonathan Wayne says:

That McDonald’s deal is not a deal considering BK will let you buy 10 nuggets by itself for $1.50 and a small fry is like a $1 anyway or something like that. The holy grail of the $2.50 deals, and I have only seen it at one MCD, is the fish fillet sandwich and a small fry for $2.50, if they had that in my town I would probably eat that everyday.

• Michael says:

What world are you in.
        $2.50 for McDonald’s nuggets is amazing as a deal, considering that is more than 50% off.
        Fish Sandwich deal sounds good too.

• SPM79 says:

Take everything he says with a grain of salt, notice how he mentions he would eat fast food on a daily basis if the price were right.

• MP says:

A small fry is like $1.79. Plus BK’s nuggets are horribly generic & are half as thick as the pictures show.

• Jonathan Wayne says:

BK’s nuggets are no different that MCD’s and when they are fresh they are much better than MCD’s.

• SPM79 says:

So the fish sandwich at McDonalds is not fast food? Why is that because it is fish? You are right, it’s not like it’s battered and deep fried and it’s not like it is served with a side of fries.

• MP says:

BK uses bread crumbs (like crummy Tyson frozen chicken products) & McD uses tempera batter & comes in 3 shapes. So yes, they are different.

2. Richard says:

So what makes this different from the redstick chicken they sold??

3. Bryan K. says:

Richard, my guess would be that they’re doing a pepper medley for the seasoning blend on this one since you can see Tabasco pepper, Habanero pepper and what looks like cherry peppers maybe. The red stick chicken was Tabasco pepper based only so that’s what I’m guessing the difference is. Just a different combination of peppers this time

4. Jake says:

Dang. Still no Chicken Waffle Tenders? I remember reading somewhere that they were one of Popeyes most popular limited-time offerings.

5. PT says:

Popeye’s was INCREDIBLY frustrating when I went to try and get their rip’n chicken last month. I went to four different Popeye’s, the first of which was over a week before the end of the month, and every single store was out of the rip’n chicken. I wasted a significant amount of time standing in line (Popeye’s is always extremely slow, but I expect that,) only to be told at the register that they’re out, despite their signage outside and their menu board right above the register still showing the promotion. I understand these are prepackaged things, but I was treated like I was the one who was slow for not knowing that they’re out of a promotion that they’re still supposed to have until the end of the month and they’re actively still promoting at the register. I know this isn’t the best place for this type of complaint, but it was extremely frustrating. I had always begrudgingly put up with their slow and often poor service because the deals were great and the food was good, but I’m not sure how many more chances Popeye’s will get from me.

6. Cs says:

MP, BK did away with their chicken tenders some time ago and they now have actual nuggets which are very similar to McDonald’s nuggets.. So no, they don’t have a crumb breading anymore.

I will say though.. If you want their nuggets to be good, you’ll have to get them at the beginning of the rush when the food is fresh and the oil is fresh too, otherwise they might be nasty.

• MP says:

Well Cs, I had that lame 10 nuggets for $1.50 deal like 2 months ago during lunch hours & these were crummy bread crumb nuggets. What I got was like sponge chicken in crumbs that were 1/2″ thick with 1/4″ of white sponge. Maybe I got old inventory. I was so mad they didn’t look like anything (like McDonald’s tempura nuggets) in the ad. BKs around me are always empty.

7. brie says:

McDonald’s offers 20 nuggets for $5, so 10 for $2.50 would only be for die hard fans….or parents of small children. 🙂

8. marilyn says:

I did not care for the Rip’n Chicken at all!

9. Michael says:

I initially liked the sound of this stuff man. The au jus of the tenderloins being broiled with not only spices but also garlic. Then as the tender crumblings of outer biscuiture fall away you are greeted with the hot honey of the enclosed sauce. Darn good eatin.

10. Ray says:

I’m not a fan of the wild pepper tenderloins at all. In fact, it’s the only LTO in recent memory that I’ve disliked. The worst part is the horrid new sauce. It reminds me of cheap cough syrup with a little ground pepper added. If you substitute that abomination for something else (I suggest the fabulous habanero ranch or the passable blackened ranch) then these are almost edible. I miss the rip-n chicken already, man. The right price for the right amount with the right flavors and an awesome sauce. Can’t wait until they return! But I’ll settle for some chicken waffle tenders first if they’re next in the queue.

11. BigBelly says:

We liked these, they gave us so many tenders we couldn’t finish them all. I ate mine cold the next day, and surprisingly, that’s when the pepper flavor really shined through. The sauce was ok, I doctored it up with some hot powder and made it better. The lemon icebox pie was delicious, wish they’d keep it around.
    Still hoping for the return of the waffle tenders