Wendy’s Introduces Baconator Fries

For a limited time, Wendy’s is adding a new member to the Baconator family by introducing Baconator Fries.  Baconator Fries feature natural-cut fries drizzled with cheddar cheese sauce, Applewood Smoked Bacon and topped with shredded cheddar cheese.

Baconator Fries

15 comments on “Wendy’s Introduces Baconator Fries

1. Steven says:

So just bacon cheese fries. Not really a fan though everytime I see them on a menu somewhere I do order them and I frankly just don’t like the combo of it all. Honestly surprised no other fast food restaurant has tried this yet that I recall.

2. Esther says:

Bacon cheese fries are always good in my book

3. Alek says:

I like the idea. It like a play on potato skins. I’ll give it a try. I wonder how much is it?

4. Snackeroo says:

Sounds much better than their Ghost Pepper Fries.

5. Pimousse says:

Sweet mother.. I need these. I hope the fries come fresh, not cold and nasty/still raw ones.

6. Bubbsy says:

@Pimousse – fast food french fries aren’t ever raw. They are fried before being frozen and then re-fried to make hot & crisp.

@Steven – You’re “not a fan”, and “frankly don’t like the combination”…. but you order them every time you see them on a menu? Has anyone ever recommended you wear a helmet in your daily life? 🙂 As far as other fast food joints doing this, they’re available at A&W, Rallye’s/Checkers, Culver’s, Dairy Queen, and Sonic (although it’s tater tots).

7. Michael S says:

Do they come with a side of ranch?

8. Steve says:

Had some of these over the weekend. In my market they were $1.99 for what looks to be between a small and medium sized order of fries topped with cheese sauce, shredded cheddar cheese, and bacon. On paper this all sounds like a solid idea. In practice however, there is an issue: A somewhat severe LACK of bacon. For a menu item carrying the “Baconator” title I expect loads of bacon. What I got was literally half a strip crumbled up over the fries. Wendy’s puts more bacon on their Junior Bacon Cheeseburger than what they put on these fries. It betrays the rest of the Baconator line and I feel that if they’re going to continue loading these with such a paltry amount of bacon than they should change the name. So, overall they’re OK. I believe the menu(another thing that Wendy’s needs to work on) said that any combo can have the fries upgraded to these for $0.75. That’s not a bad deal I guess to spice up the normally bland Wendy’s fries. Just be aware that you’ll be getting pretty much exactly what you see in the promo image shown in this article. The amount of bacon shown there is pretty much all that was on my order.

9. SPM79 says:

Wow, what innovation. Standard issue fries with cheese and cheap bacon on top. Talk about a stale and unimaginative effort. Had BK offered something so pathetic the posters on here would be all over it, but alas it is from Wendy’s so people have got to try it.

• SPM says:

Talk about missing the forest for the trees. Think about what I said. Any offering Wendy’s puts out, no matter how effortless or thoughtless, is met with a “I must try this mentality”. If you couldn’t read into what I was saying, you have no business posting here.

10. JJJ says:

This is new? I’m guessing that you could have always gotten this, since they have the bacon cheese sauce for the baked potato anyway.

11. Beth M. says:

I just had these for lunch. $1.99 for the fries alone or $0.79 to “upgrade”. They were ok. I’m not a big fan of their cheese sauce. If it were just the shredded cheese and bacon, it would be a win. They also tend to keep the bacon in really big pieces so you don’t get bits in every bite. Worth $2. I won’t cry when they’re gone.

12. MichaelX says:

@JJJ
    They don’t carry a bacon cheese sauce for potatoes, there’s just regular cheese sauce and bacon is then crumbled on top, same with the so called Baconator fries.

Don’t be confused however, they share absolutely nothing with the Baconator.

The Baconator is a massive Bacon-Double-Cheeseburger containing 2 (1/4lb) fresh beef patties, 2 pieces of American cheese and 6 pieces of applewood bacon. A burger that I’ve got to be honest I enjoy quite a bit.
    The Baconator fries on the other hand are just simply Cheese fries (~1.49 depending on market) “add bacon” (generally 70c for 3 strips, which to the best of my knowledge they’re using 2 here, so let’s adjust that to 50c)
    All they really did here was add an item to the menu that people have been ordering forever, but with a catchier name, and perhaps in some markets– offer it at a (very) slight discount: ~20c, and only for the summer… Yay…

The only part that I turn my nose at is the fact they labeled these “Limited Time” Only…
    Limited to what? How many they can sell? It’s false advertising like they’ve been doing more and more recently…

See: Steakhouse cheeseburger
    A burger that sold on the (apparently BOLD) assumption that it contained steak, spoiler Alert, It does not.

Don’t worry folks there’s no need to rush in to get these during the summer, they will literally be around, For-ever.

Spend the extra 20c after the summer and avoid the daunting lines, or rush in to save 20c (Assuming your time is worth $0)

• Fcuktard 2.0 says:

WHAT, the steakhouse burger wasn’t ground fillet?

ad men everywhere just jizzed reading that one LOL good lord