New Cheesy Jalapeño Fritos Burrito from Taco Bell

The Beefy Fritos Burrito from the Dollar Cravings Menu has a couple of new flavors.  Spotted in Michigan by GrubGrade reader Sascha, the new Chili Fritos Burrito and Cheesy Jalapeño Fritos Burrito.  Priced at $1.00 each.  We’ll keep you posted if these new products get a national release.

Taco Bell Cheesy Jalapeno Fritos Burrito

29 comments on “New Cheesy Jalapeño Fritos Burrito from Taco Bell

1. Evan says:

Has Taco Bell ever had jalapenos on their menu? Maybe during the Volcano Menu era? Don’t remember

2. Sascha says:

I tried the Chili and it was good, though in the end it made me pine a bit for my favorite TB menu item, the chili cheese burrito. This one has chili, cheese, fritos and sour cream (unfortunately, all the sour cream was at one end) and the fritos were fresh and crunchy, though I did eat in the restaurant, not sure how well they’d take a 10-15 ride home.

• T.J. says:

When they had the Chili Cheese Fries Loaded Griller for a limited time last year, the also featured the chili cheese burrito along with it in some places. I bet that if you asked they could do it. They have all the ingredients. Give it a shot.

3. Robert says:

As a diabetic, Taco Bell is really tricky to eat at. They *love* doubling up on tortillas, or putting a crunchy shell inside a soft shell, or filling a burrito with cheap carbs like rice and beans. (For those wondering, one of the lowest carb-to-weight items they ever had was that XXL taco from last year, which I sorely miss).

Anyway, my point is it’s nice to see the Chili and the Jalapeno ones look relatively low carb (there’s never that many fritos in these things anyway), yet are still somehow be a buck. These must be pretty small, but at that price, who cares? Bring on the sodium!

• Raj says:

I just re-read it again. Diabetic, stay away from this website and focus on websites your doctors told you.

Not everyone has your special needs sir.

4. Spencer says:

Robert, if you are actively avoiding tortillas, taco shells, rice, and beans, you may want to consider other dining options than a cheap Mexican(ish) drive thru.

• Robert says:

Thanks for the tip, Spencer. You’re right, instead of ordering items to my liking, I should just never eat out again. Why didn’t I think of that?!

• Raj says:

I think what spencer was saying was, since you have food alergies, stay far away from fast food buddy. I think your doctor told you that, your family told you that.

Don’t argue just because YOU are the only one with that allergy. It is YOUR responsibility. Don’t make it worse by commenting on the majority of us who are not allergic to what ever you have.

5. Darrell Martinsen says:

I’m hoping they will let us order the old standby favorite chili cheese burritos since they will have the ingredients! Welcome back Taco Bell chili! Come to Ohio please! Lol

6. Richard says:

Almost 17,000 on Facebook asking for the Flamin Hot Fritos for almost 4 years, and you are planning on introducting TWO NEW Fritos burritos? How long will you blatantly ignore us? #BeefyCrunchMovement

7. CulinaryZerg says:

I’ve never had their popular Chili Cheese burritos or Beefy Crunch burritos…but I’m pretty sure the Chili Frito burrito is gonna be popular too. It’s exactly what people want. Chili Cheese + Fritos.

8. CB says:

Sascha – where in Michigan? Can you get a chili cheese burrito too? Those are also my fav.

• Sascha says:

This was in Midland. I’m sure you can ask for the burrito, Since it’s just chili and cheese, but it wasn’t posted.

9. Alexandra says:

For all of you bemoaning the loss of the chili cheese burrito – it’s still there. I get it all the time. Yeah, it’s not listed, but if you order it, they can make it. They still have all the ingredients.

• Sascha says:

You’re lucky then. My TB hasn’t been able to do them, because they don’t carry chili. Kind of a key ingredient.

• JF says:

Not all Taco Bells have chili on hand outside of promo items that utilize them. So let people bemoan because not everyone can get it all the time.

10. […] fast food chain is currently testing two new items for their Dollar Cravings Menu in Michigan. The new additions are the Chili Fritos Burrito and the […]

11. MP says:

I’m getting confused by all these Taco Bell test products – where the one that said it close to the lava sauce?

12. JF says:

Dear Taco Bell,

Stop teasing us putting Fritos in a taco / burrito.

Please make taco shells out of Fritos, specifically the Chili Cheese Frito. If you build it, they will come.

Next, figure out how to make a soft shell taste like a Dorito / Frito.

Sincerely,
    Almost Everyone!

13. A says:

Jalapenos must be cheap right now since everyone is testing them…

14. Alex K. says:

I’m in Michigan as well and am wondering where this is at. It’d give me a reason to revisit Taco Bell.

15. Darrell Martinsen says:

To the poster that asked why someone in Ohio would want TB chili. Because I HATE Cincinnati style chili! Cloves and whatever else they use does not belong in chili. At least not mine lol.

16. […] in Michigan, one Taco Bell customer spotted new Fritos Burrito flavors. In addition to “beefy,” […]