New Red Stick Chicken Coming Soon to Popeyes

Right now Popeyes is promoting its Cajun Surf & Turf that was first introduced a few years ago.  I’m more interested in the picture below which was sent over by GrubGrade reader Jody.  New Red Stick Chicken is coming soon.  The only info I have is that “red stick” is baton rouge in French… and Baton Rouge is the capital of Louisiana… plus there are peppers in the picture so let’s assume a new peppery marinade.

Red Stick Chicken Popeyes

12 comments on “New Red Stick Chicken Coming Soon to Popeyes

1. alek says:

It could be the name of the spice company. Maybe it a partnership https://www.facebook.com/redstickspicecompany

2. Bryan K. says:

I live in Baton Rouge and shop at red stick spice company. It’s a mom and pop owned small local business here that only opened recently so I don’t think they have anything to do with popeyes but I’ll ask next time I pop in for some spices & seasonings. 🙂

3. breyerchic04 says:

I bet it’s not that different from the spice box chicken. Which is ok with me, that was pretty darn good.

4. Daniel says:

I just popeyes to bring back the waffle tenders. The waffle tenders are awesome, the monthly specials such as beer can, spice box , etc have only been soso. I think they have the best fast food fries too!

5. Nick says:

Time to call out ole Popeyes for pulling a Taco Bell — continually repackaging what is essentially the same item with the goal of convincing consumers it is new. I swear this (or something nearly identical) has come out already five times in the recent past, under five different names.

• Jonathan Wayne says:

Yep, they just keep putting out the same product under a different promo name, at least Taco Bell somewhat tries to come out with new products.

6. JF says:

I’d have to guess it’s Red Stick Spice Company. Similar to the Zatarain’s promo last year.

Not sure how much this will differ from their usual spices, but to be honest, seems like Popeye’s hasn’t put much thought into their recent promos.

7. Justin ST says:

Fool me once…

8. Snackeroo says:

After their disappointing Ghost Pepper Wings, I hope this has a good kick.

9. alex says:

I need them to bring back those buffalo nuggets

10. Chris says:

The Popeye’s where I live (Lake City, FL) ran this red stick chicken as a promo last year. It literally was the best thing I have ever had at Popeye’s! I wrote and asked if they could make this a permanent item on the menu, and they said we were one of only a select few cities running the promotion, but it had really good feedback, so I am assuming this is the national “Debut”, but I can’t wait for it to come back! Enjoy everyone! Especially with the blackened ranch sauce.

11. […] month we brought you a first glimpse of new Red Stick Chicken from Popeyes.  The officially release date will be Monday, March 30th. […]