New Ghost Pepper Wings from Popeyes

The Spicebox Chicken campaign didn’t last too long as Popeyes has once again released a new product just a few weeks later.  The latest is Ghost Pepper Wings and an order of six is served with fries, a biscuit and Buttermilk Ranch Dipping Sauce for $3.99.

Capturing the flavor of the elusive ghost pepper, Popeyes Bonafide® wings are marinated for 12-hours in an exotic blend of peppers, taking the intense flavor all the way to the bone. Then our tender, juicy, bone-in chicken wingettes and drumettes are battered and breaded in a southern style crispy coating and fried up fresh.

Ghost Pepper Wings Popeyes

18 comments on “New Ghost Pepper Wings from Popeyes

1. Justin ST says:

It will probably taste just like every other Popeye’s LTO.

2. Bob Smith says:

Does this have real heat? I suspect not since it’s mass market.

3. Axel says:

My god, I must try this.

4. Icedus says:

Wait, is… is the Spicebox Era already over? I’m mildly upset!

5. chefprotoss says:

Can I come back and review these please, Ryan? I NEED an excuse to eat this. I promise no black and white photos this time too = P

6. Manavee says:

Justin ST and Bob are both right.

If this actually has ghost pepper in it, it must be homeopathic ghost pepper diluted to about one billionth of its original concentration. There was literally no heat at all to it. McDonald’s spicy chicken nuggets are hotter than these “ghost pepper” wings.

And yet, it still doesn’t taste bad. It’s still Popeye’s Chicken.

But if you’re looking for a spice fix, you’ll be left sorely disappointed.

7. Axel says:

FYI the $3.99 deal only comes with a biscuit. No fries.

8. Beefonstick says:

No fries in the $3.99 order, just biscuit and 6 wings. It is available as a more expensive combo though, $6.59 with added drink and fries at my location.

• richard says:

If they got the breading right this could have been a real winner. I tried it once and thought the breading was all wrong compared to the commercial so it was a total flop.

9. Pilar says:

These look so good!

10. Jonathan Wayne says:

Meh, I have had straight up ghost chili pepper sauce and honestly it was not that bad and it didn’t even taste good in my opinion. This is a skip it for me.

11. april says:

They taste just like their regular spicy chicken. No real heat. They were a waste of time and money.

12. AJ says:

As someone who grows ghost scorpion and Carolina reapers. I make my own sauces and pepper flakes so I know what I’m talking about. These were garbage. No heat or flavor remotely close to a real ghost, even tobascco was hotter and that’s saying a lot since tobascco is about 70 times milder. Super scam. Would never get again.

13. Andy says:

Had these today and they had no heat whatsoever, what a scam

14. […] time of year seems to be chicken wing season.  Last year Popeyes introduced Ghost Pepper Wings and starting Saturday, December 26th, Popeyes will be featuring new Spice Packed Wings for a […]