Croissant Donuts from Dunkin’ Donuts Available Into 2015 Due to Popular Demand

Today Dunkin’ Donuts announced that more than 4.6 million Croissant Donuts have been sold nationwide since being introduced in November.  Because of the popularity, Dunkin’ Donuts is extending the availability of the Croissant Donut into next year at participating locations.  Here’s my review of the Croissant Donut from early last month… I think I’d still just stick with a regular glazed donut for 99-cents.

croissant donut

8 comments on “Croissant Donuts from Dunkin’ Donuts Available Into 2015 Due to Popular Demand

1. Colin says:

I tried one of DD’s croissant donuts and maybe I just got a bad one, but I’m not sure why they’re so popular.

2. alek says:

They should had reduced the price from $2.49 to $1.50. It just a glorified glazed donut with a crispier texture.

3. ed h says:

The last time I went to a Dunkin Donuts is the last time I am ever going to a Dunkin Donuts. $20 for 2 dozen of mediocre at best donuts. No thanks, too much money for too little quality.

4. scram says:

Dunkin Donuts is fine if you like the feeling of dry, desert sand in your mouth.

5. John says:

I don’t get the popularity of DD’s doughnuts. They’re not even made in store. For big chain shops, Krispy Kreme is head and shoulders better.

• MP says:

Brand name recognition, huge coffee sales, over 11,000 locations – basically the McDonald’s of donut coffee shops. Not everybody has a Krispy Kreme & personally I never liked them – way too sweet & the consistency of cotton candy – no heft at all. I get my donuts at Wal-Mart & they’re only 58 cents a piece & can be fresh & taste just fine.

• Sascha says:

Honestly, I think these days most go to DD for the coffee, it seems to be immensely popular, and getting donuts there is kind of a convenience. Agreed on Krispy Kreme, but the problem is that there’s about 900 Krispy Kreme stores, and about 7000 DD’s.