Burger King’s Italian Original Chicken Sandwich is Back for a Limited Time

Burger King’s in the middle of a nice $1.49 for 10 chicken nuggets promotion right now and the Italian Original Chicken Sandwich is back for a limited time to take some of the spotlight.  The Italian Original Chicken Sandwich features a breaded all white meat chicken fillet topped with mozzarella cheese and marinara sauce on a sesame seed bun.  We reviewed this sandwich along with the Original and Club back in 2012.

Italian Original Chicken Sandwich BK

14 comments on “Burger King’s Italian Original Chicken Sandwich is Back for a Limited Time

1. richard says:

WHY bring this back!?!?!?! Every time they bring this back they have to bring out the squirt bottle to put the sauce on which to me make this a total flop even before I get to take a bite.

If they really wanted to improve on this product they should use a chunky marinara sauce with some actual flavor in the sauce.

2. Mike S says:

The BK in Annapolis, MD always has this sandwich. It is very boring- needs more cheese or some mushrooms.

3. Juice says:

The only sammich I actually care for from The King

4. Eric says:

I have fond memmories from my childhood of this and the french version with ham, swiss and mayo! They need to add both to the 2 for $5 menu and I will be there everyday!

5. Mike N. says:

It looks like this is on the 2 for $5 deal now, replacing the XL Cheeseburger (unfortunately). I definately prefer the Italian original chicken to the original original chicken.

6. Thehottoddy23 says:

Worst sandwich ever offered by a fast food joint. I accidentally received this sandwich one time in a messed-up order, and I literally couldn’t finish the first bite. Tasteless is an understatement. It should be outlawed.

7. Eric says:

Looks like this is actually part of the 2 for $5 deal in my area. Now they just need to bring back the french chicken sandwich…

8. Thistle says:

I LOVE chicken parm sandwiches, but BK’s sauce is so bad that I wouldn’t eat this sandwich for free.

9. Raiders757 says:

Used to love these back when they first came out. Sadly over the years the sandwich got smaller, the cheese got cheaper, and the sauce was changed to some sort of nasty watered down tomato paste concoction. Now I can’t even enjoy one as a guilty pleasure anymore. They’re just down right nasty.

10. sortov says:

Worse than Ragu sauce on one of the freakiest chicken sandwiches around

11. DuhMe says:

I can’t stand the patties used to make these chicken sandwiches from BK.

12. Jesse says:

Honestly, this is literally the only thing I’ll eat at BK, not to say it’s amazing, because I rarely eat fast food, and I’m not a fan of fast food because it’s not nearly as good to begin with, but I love chicken parm, so for me this is the best item on the menu during the two month span it’s available each year. I wish Arbys would make a chicken parm because they use a chunk of breast meat instead of ground chicken like most places do, if I need food but don’t have time to wait I try to stop there if one is close.

13. Amanda says:

I never go to Burger King. But when this sandwich was out I was there everyday, always on my break from work. I looked forward to it. And then it was gone. They gained a customer, and just as quickly lost one again. Bring it back and keep it on the menu and I can promise I’ll be back and I’ll keep buying it forever.

14. Zander says:

I went to BK today in hopes of getting the Italian Chicken Sandwich, but once again they’ve removed it from the menu. This is as frustrating as when McDonalds keeps removing and bringing back the McRib.

This is the ONLY thing I get at BK, so needless to say I won’t be going back until it comes back. 🙁