Cheesy Gordita Doritos Locos Tacos Crunch Coming to Taco Bell

Mark this as unofficial news at this point, but Taco Bell is getting ready to promote its Cheesy Gordita Crunch paired with Doritos Locos Tacos… I’m guessing it will be called something like Cheesy Gordita Doritos Locos Tacos Crunch. We put this one together back in 2012 with a 30-cent upcharge over the regular Cheesy Gordita Crunch.  You can customize this now of course, but it will soon be an actual promoted product.   Doritos Cheesy Gordita CrunchAlso next in line for the Freeze line of drinks is the Strawberry Starburst Freeze.  We’ll update when the unofficial becomes official.

15 comments on “Cheesy Gordita Doritos Locos Tacos Crunch Coming to Taco Bell

1. Aaron says:

Why not a Fiery Crunchwrap or something instead? Nacho cheese DLT is lackluster IMO, especially when paired with this. It will be overwhelmed by other flavors. It was hard enough to detect the flavor in just the normal DLT. They did a lot better with the fiery one.

2. Ray says:

That pic looks so unappetizing. *vomits*

3. Justin ST says:

No thanks…

4. BigBelly says:

lol, I doubt you could actually taste much of the flavoring with all that bread in your mouth

5. Bubba says:

On the plus side, you won’t get broken taco shell crumbs all in your lap, or powdered cheese all over your fingers. And the colors are washed out in the pic, it probably looks much better in person. I’d try it.

6. Alex K. says:

As you noted, this is nothing new. I’ve done this a few times. It’s generally pretty underwhelming simply because Taco Bell barely puts any cheese between the gordita and taco shell, and it’s never melted… that kind of defeats the purpose. The Dorito shell is also not seasoned enough to really bring on a big difference in flavor. It’s still pretty good though, just would be better if they were made properly.

Taco Bell needs to start introducing something *NEW* to the menu. Hell, just bring back the spicy chicken burrito and/or the Volcano Menu and I’d be happy.

7. Elise says:

Why don’t they just make their menu a list of ingredients that you can combine as you please? Here, think up your own combination of what we already have, so we don’t have to!
    …not that you can’t just “innovate” your own menu item already. Obviously.

8. JF says:

I have never been a fan of the DLT line. Might be in the minority here. I tied all varieties and they just didn’t overwhelm. In some cases underwhelmed. The other ingredients seemed to negate the effects (taste) of the DLT shell.

That said, anyone who knows anything, knows you can customize items. If they have the ingredients, you can add, remove, etc.

Most FF places don’t advertise that customization, although my least favorite, BK, used to had the whole “Have It Your Way”. Or something like that.

So anyone could get this anytime.

Maybe more FF places should advocate the customization, it might cut out these silly promos of items you could always get.

Maybe FF places need to follow the lead of the FC places and have a small, core set of constructed items, but advocate the build your own / customize your own.

A lot of these LTOs would fall by the wayside, prices may vary depending on what the up charges are, although I don’t think a single place cutschatges (no, not a word, but if you exclude an ingredient, maybe the price should decrease somewhat).

Unfortunately the sheep will flock to jump all over this.

And for those commenting about how this will taste, you won’t know until you try it. But read the initial comment from Ryan again. He did this and commented on that. So you can get an idea of what it would taste like. Yes, tastes vary.

Now bring back the volcano sauce, or at least commercialize it so I can buy it.

And again, for your next taco shell gimmick, make a Chili Cheese Fritos taco shell!

And maybe if they could do those DLT shells as a soft taco (I am not a fan or hard tacos) I might change my opinion.

• Bubbsy says:

Maybe the BBO should STR your RC about the LTOs of FF places like BK and TB.
      Then you could JOAC with your SAC, and we readers will ROTFLOL about your UT.
      And again, your FSC here on this FFB earns NHM with the foodies.

9. Sascha says:

Who cares about this whole taco gordita DLT thingy, when there are Strawberry Starburst Freezes coming? Way to bury the lead, Ryan.

10. Chris B says:

Alex k, just order the shredded chicken burrito, no avocado ranch and add jalapeno sauce..same thing

11. employee says:

Ok, so I saw a comment about how the picture liked natty and another one justifying it… And I have something to say. yes the colors are faded in the picture itself so that can’t count against it, BUT if I ever served one of my customers an item that was that poorly out together if be written up and would have to make it over. That’s just unacceptable in my eyes.

12. […] last month we posted news of Taco Bell coming out with a Starburst Freeze in the near future.  First image appearance came […]