Arby’s Offering Gyros and New Desserts

Arby’s made attempts at the gyro sandwich in the past, and now they’re back at it at select locations.  For a limited time Arby’s is offering the Roast Beef Gyro and Turkey Gyro along with a couple of new desserts.

Roast Beef Gyro Arbys

•  Roast Beef GyroOur Gyro is made with an authentic pita, cool tzatziki sauce and greek seasonings on our classic thinly sliced roast beef. You might have to eat lunch at work, but your mouth can go all the way to Greece.​  520 calories, 26 grams of fat, 1380 milligrams of sodium, 25 grams of protein

Turkey Gyro Arbys

• Turkey GyroOur roast turkey is the best thing to happen to gyros since pita bread was invented sometime in Greece a long time ago. Tender roast turkey with greek seasonings is layered onto an authentic pita with cool tzatziki sauce.​  450 calories, 17 grams of fat, 1560 milligrams of sodium, 26 grams of protein

Cinnamon Apple Crisp Arbys

• Cinnamon Apple CrispFor a limited time, get your mitts on our Cinnamon Apple Crisp. Oven-baked, spiced cinnamon apples topped with crunchy granola, drizzled with caramel and whipped cream and then lightly dusted with cinnamon.​  550 calories, 27 grams of fat, 43 grams of sugar

Creme Brulee Shake Arbys

• Creme Brûlée ShakeA creamy crème brulee custard shake with caramel swirl, topped with whipped cream and caramelized sugar bits. Available for a limited time, i.e fall. So get on it.​  750 calories, 21 grams of fat, 102 grams of sugar

21 comments on “Arby’s Offering Gyros and New Desserts

1. Justin ST says:

Arby’s is kind of different out west compared to out East.

2. Mehu says:

I love Gyros. they need to send me coupons!

3. M86 says:

I became addicted to those gyros when they first came out. They’re far from authentic, but they were delicious!

4. Sascha says:

I’d really like to try the Creme Brulee Shake, but I’m still too grossed out by Dubba’s Orange Shake experiment to want to try anything frozen from Arby’s.

5. Do they actually pronounce it “yee-ro”?

6. Jody says:

Had them both yesterday. The roast beef one is identical to the one from back in 2009/2010. Still good.
    The turkey one is my favorite. I really like their turkey, in general.
    Their pita bread is really good also.

7. sandy says:

Those look good. Sodium content is way high but calories and fat grams aren’t horrific.

8. Ray says:

Might as well eat a big mac, the calories are nearly the same.

9. Fidge Dextro says:

You have to be kidding me. A traditional gyro is made of lamb. And since I can’t stomach their roast beef, which is wetter than a baby’s diaper, I’ll have to pass. I’ll go to a Greek restaurant or truck stand to get the real thing. And one more thing… What exactly would inauthentic pita bread look like?

• Jonathan Wayne says:

Exactly, a gyro is lamb, period, point blank, end of story. And for what I am sure these cost, you can go buy a fresh real gyro from a Greek restaurant.

• Frita says:

What exactly would inauthentic pita bread look like?

Give Burger King some time…

• Karl says:

Most Greek restaurants just buy their gyros from Kronos or Grecian Delight. It is mostly beef and a lot of the supplied versions don’t have any lamb at all. It’s rare nowadays to find a place that makes their gyros the old-fashioned way on the premises. Truthfully, the supplied versions are a lot more consistent and taste better than the homemade versions anyway.

• Fidge Dextro says:

I don’t frequent “fake” Greek restaurants. They use beef simply because it’s cheaper. The flavor completely lacks the sweet pungency of lamb. When I order kebobs, gyros, pastitso or stuffed grape leaves, it has to be lamb or I might just as well stay home and eat Hamburger Helper. And yes, I’ve never had a good homemade gyro, but that’s only because the equipment is huge and expensive. Who would buy it?

• Sascha says:

Of course a gyro is made of lamb, but what’s the point. I’ve seen chicken cheese-steaks, Turkey Reuben and Cottage Pie sold as Shepherd’s pie, among other things. The bastardization of food has been around for ages, no need to get upset about it now.

10. Andre says:

The new desserts sound appealing. Might have to try both.

11. Todd says:

I had the roast beef version for lunch today. It was OK, but I wouldn’t order it again. The bread tasted really good. I think they are bringing out an apple crisp too early in the year. That strikes me as a cold weather item. It was over 90 degrees today in SC so I really wasn’t interested in a “hot” dessert.

12. scram says:

Had the turkey today. Not bad–the seasoning and sauce were different in a pleasant way, but I’ll probably not get it again. I wish there was more turkey in it, as I had a lot of pita left with no turkey in it for my last few bites.

13. Tru Means says:

I worked my way through college managing an ice cream store. So, yeah, I know my ice cream. 😉 The Arby’s creme brulee milkshake is the best shake I’ve ever had. Hands down. The only bad thing is that it looks like it’s only going to be available for a short time.

14. Kathy says:

I had the beef gyro today and I loved it. I hope they keep them available all the time.