Chicken Waffle Tenders are Back at Popeyes for a Limited Time

I really loved Chicken Waffle Tenders when they were first released at Popeyes last summer so I’m pretty excited that they are making a return.  Chicken Waffle Tenders were the most successful limited time offer ever for Popeyes and starting May 26th, they are back on the menu through June 29th.

An innovative twist on a Southern favorite that provides the taste of chicken and waffles in a single bite, Chicken Waffle Tenders debuted last summer to rave reviews from food fans. The media and Popeyes customers alike proclaimed the success of this offer in newspapers around the country, on television on Twitter and Facebook. Made with 100% all white meat chicken breast strips marinated in Louisiana seasonings, dipped in a light waffle batter and fried up fresh, Chicken Waffle Tenders are served with their very own Sweet Honey Maple dipping sauce, fries and a biscuit for $4.99.

Chicken Waffle Tenders

12 comments on “Chicken Waffle Tenders are Back at Popeyes for a Limited Time

1. Justin ST says:

Can’t believe they brought them back. I thought they were horrible.

2. Ray says:

Yesssss!!!!!!!

3. BigBelly says:

hell ya!

4. A Happy Guy says:

My mouth dropped open when I saw this. These were one of my favorite fast food items ever and they were only on the menu such a short time. I’m probably going to eat wayyyyyy too much of these for the month that they are available.

5. scram says:

I hated these, and I was SO looking forward to them last year. The chicken breading was sweet, the syrup was sweet, everything was sweeeet. That’s why it was a failure for me. The awesome thing about real chicken and waffles is the SALTY of the chicken paired with the SWEET of the waffle/syrup. You get none of that with Popeye’s version. Unless they listened to the complaints about their version this past year, I’ll be skipping these again.

• Justin ST says:

Exactly, that’s why I think it was terrible. They should just serve waffles with the regular chicken tenders or something. I’m starting to think it’s an overrated dish.

6. homercles82 says:

I tried this for the first time recently and it was awful.

The waffle batter was flavorless at first bite but did have a nice sweet finish. After that the marinated chicken flavor came through and destroyed any waffle taste.

The coating on the chicken was light and crisp, but extremely oily. It is possible my local Popeyes just wasn’t on its A game that day but they usually knock it out of the park on quality.

I was very disappointed and will not eat these ever again.

7. Bravos says:

I remember getting this with a drink added for only a dollar more last time. This time it’s $6.89 for the 3 piece combo and $9.29 for a 5 piece. But 3 is plenty for me and still worth the price. Loved it just as much as the first go around.

8. Mike Trout says:

Tried these after all the positive reviews, but was not impressed. They didn’t give me any syrup sauce so I just used regular stuff. The taste wasn’t bad, but the chicken strips were very thin and not too flavorful. I’ve never really been a fan of Popeyes chicken strips. I like Chicken Express better.

Anyway, not terrible overall but definitely overrated.

9. Harlan R says:

I was really excited to try these, but, ended up similarly disappointed like the above. The chicken was oily, with a sweetness that needed something to contrast against it. The sweet honey maple sauce was, unfortunately, not it. I had some success with my usual stand-by favorite of their Mardi Gras mustard, but overall, this isn’t a repeat for me. I’ll stick with their spicy tenders.

10. BigBelly says:

Had them last night, every bit as good as last year. Three giant tenders in one box, 3 big ones and a small in the other… breading light and crispy, chicken plump and juicy
    $4.99 for a 3pc with fries and a biscuit, add a dollar if you want the combo with a drink to

11. Nick says:

I really like these tenders, actually, but I will agree that with the included honey maple dipping sauce, the combination is way too sweet for my taste.

Highly recommended, but ask for Mardis Gras mustard to go with them.