New Pepperoni Pizza Steakburger from Steak ‘n Shake

Steak ‘n Shake has updated its menu with a few newcomers lead by a new burger that combines the best of both grub worlds… pepperoni pizza + burger.  The Pepperoni Pizza Steakburger is served with fries and priced at $5.49.  Steak ‘n Shake describes the burger like this: “Now, two classic tastes come together ~ Pepperoni Pizza meets the Original Steakburger! We start withtwo 100% Beef patties, smashed and seasoned on our fiery hot grill. Then, we top them with melted mozzarella and provolone cheese, zesty pepperoni and savory pizza sauce. It’s all served on a pretzel bun, toasted and lightly seasoned with garlic. Delizioso!”

Pepperoni Pizza SteakburgerAlso new to the Steak ‘n Shake menu is a duo of milkshakes featuring Snickers.  The Snickers Peanut Butter Squared Milk Shake takes Snickers Peanut Butter Squared candy bar pieces mixed in with a vanilla milk shake.  The classic Snickers Milk Shake features bits and pieces of the original trio of peanuts, caramel, and milk chocolate mixed with vanilla milk shake.  Shakes are priced at $3.49.

Snickers Shake Steak n ShakeBack for a limited time, Steak ‘n Shake brings back the Fish Plate and the Fish Sandwich ‘n Fries.  The Fish Plate is priced at $5.79 and features three crispy Pacific Cod fillets served with tartar sauce and thin ‘n crispy fries.  The Fish Sandwich ‘n Fries is priced at $5.49 and consists of two crispy Pacific Cod fillets served on a bun with fresh tartar sauce.

Steak n Shake Fish

7 comments on “New Pepperoni Pizza Steakburger from Steak ‘n Shake

1. Sascha says:

Yeah, I want about 14 of those right now. Damn, that looks simple and delicious. Good thing I have a trip downstate planned for next weekend, live nearly 2 hours from a SnS.

2. Mike N. says:

Ooo! I’ll have to get me to a SnS. I haven’t had a pizza burger since grade school, and I imagine this one will be a bit better. 🙂 I don’t know if pepperoni belongs on it, but it’s worth a shot. There’s probably a coupon out for it too.

3. Bubbsy says:

I live in western Michigan, we are constantly inundated with newspaper/mail inserts of coupons from SnS – great values too. Their take-away service is great, you call ahead and swoop in to grab whichever deluxe burger and fries for $3 with coupon, $4 without. If you go between 2-4pm it is “happy hour” so shakes are half-off…. $1.90 out the door. So yes you can get a real ice cream shake in a stay-cold styrofoam cup, deluxe bacon steakburger and fries for less than $5.

4. Never tried a fish sandwich from them, I’ll give it a whirl. Would be funny if their fish sandwiches came in extremely thin patty form like the burgers.

5. Jay Jay says:

Can some one update with impressions of burger when ya try it. Steaknshake isn’t very convenient for me

• Sascha says:

Insanely good burger, perhaps the best specialty burger I’ve ever had at SnS. The burger ingredients all worked great together. The burgers, cheese, pepperoni and sauce all came through on their own, and complemented each other perfectly. But the bun, oh my, the bun. I’ve never had a pretzel bun offering from another place, so unfortunately I don’t have a comparison point, but I can’t imagine a pretzel bun better than this one. Very soft, but perfectly put together. It held together with no problem, and kept the sandwich held together flawlessly, I didn’t even lose as much as a drop of sauce. As far as buns go, I think this one ranks just below the Supper Club bun, and the whole sandwich would get a rating around 8.5, maybe even 8.75 from me.

6. Stephen K. says:

I tried the Pepperoni Pizza Steakburger. Wow. You get two regular Steakburger patties, and maybe three Steakburgers worth of mozzarella cheese. I’ve tried making homemade pizzas before, and I never had the mozzarella come out as pizza-ish as it does on this. An A+++ for effort on the cheese. I’ve not had a pretzel bun before that was worth my attention, but this one really worked to the betterment here. A good substitution for pizza crust. Despite A LOT of cheese on this, by the time I finished the burger, I was feeling there should be more cheese at the end. Maybe I shouldn’t have nibble-trimmed the cheese overflow around the edges before digging into the burger proper. The Steakburger patty was serviceable as always. The sauce was appropriate and the pepperoni tasted fine. All in all, a solid effort and a worthwhile twist on a traditional burger. I assume it is super-loaded with saturated fat, so it is probably the last one I will eat this year, but I must say I did enjoy it.