Pretzel Bacon Cheeseburger from Wendy’s Available in All Locations by July 4th

Back in May we received a glimpse of an upcoming product from Wendy’s known as the Pretzel Bacon Cheeseburger.  Today it was announced that the cheeseburger with the soft pretzel bun will be hitting Wendy’s locations over the next couple of weeks.Pretzel Burger Wendy'sThe nationwide roll-out will conclude by July 4th with all Wendy’s locations getting the new burger.  For a suggested price of $4.69, the Pretzel Bacon Cheeseburger features a toasted pretzel bun, spring mix, red onion, tomatoes, beef patty, warm cheddar cheese sauce, a slice of cheddar cheese, honey mustard and Applewood Smoked bacon.  The burger will be available for a limited time only through the summer.Pretzel Bacon Cheeseburger Wendy's

27 comments on “Pretzel Bacon Cheeseburger from Wendy’s Available in All Locations by July 4th

1. fdask says:

Seems like a lot of companies are going pretzel this season! Whats up with that?

• Steven says:

It certainly does. I’m not a fan of pretzel/pretzel buns so I will pass this up. Pricing seems a little high considering people complain about the 3.99 price of the McD new quarter ponders. And since this is Wendys that means it will vary anywhere from 4.69 to 7.69 depending on your local restaurant.

2. Roger C. says:

$4.69? Really? Well, I guess I’ll buy it one time…

3. Dave says:

Woo hoo!! Can’t wait!

4. Jonathan Wayne says:

Looks good but the price is a little high. Pretzel bread is awesome, even Hot Pockets has some special edition hot pockets that use pretzel bread and they are awesome.

5. Matt says:

Definitely looks good and will try it…but I feel like the addition of honey mustard is very out of place here, especially that AND cheddar cheese sauce? I don’t really think either are needed, why do you need a sauce when you already have an actual slice of cheese?

• JF says:

I was thinking the same about the honey mustard. I love spicy brown mustard on a pretzel, but not honey mustard (only like that for chicken). This does look good and most likely will give it a try, minus the mustard.

6. Daisy G says:

Did a drive by of my local Wendy’s and they already have it now I just have to go try it!!

7. Matt says:

I just had this for lunch at one of the local Wendy’s here in Columbus, Ohio, and I must say it’s probably the best fast food burger I’ve ever had. Even though some here think the price is too high, after I ate it, I thought it was worth every penny.

Some others have mentioned the honey mustard sauce. While I’m a big fan of spicy brown mustard on other things, I’d never put that on a burger. But the honey mustard sauce used by Wendy’s on this burger has a smoky flavor, which really complements the burger, the cheddar cheese, and the bacon.

Now I just need to find pretzel buns at a local bakery so I can make bacon and bleu cheese burgers on the grill this weekend.

• jenne says:

Matt, they have pretzel buns at both Costco and Winco stores, if you have either of those in your area. Thanks for the review, looking forward to trying one next week.

8. al says:

they downsized the original burgers so y get this? sorrry but all of u r blind and idiots if u think u cna get away with trying this. ur lying to ursefls.. not getting it.. misss u deluxe.. u were the real thing and die wendys..

9. nick says:

i had it today. very good but the bottom bun was real greasy and spring mix doesn’t belong. it does nothing here. overall i liked it and will get it again.

• Brian says:

I have to agree with you on the bottom bun being soggy! I had one last night and mine was the same way! It had good flavor but something wasn’t right with that bottom bun lol

10. Roger C. says:

Just had it. It wasn’t really that amazing. Bun didn’t seem to add much flavor. Just tasting like your usual Wendy’s burger. It’s not your typical honey mustard though. It’s something different.

11. Rondoman says:

I am done with Wendy’s. Every Wendy’s around here is pathetic. I am talking about 4 or 5 separate restaurants anwhere from 5 to 30 miles away from me that can’t get a simple order correct or anything made fresh.

Cold, dry, stale, overpriced food. I thought Wendy’s use to make things fresh? Can’t remember the last time I had Wendy’s and the burger wasn’t dry and the fries werent limp and cold.

I don’t mind paying a little more for better quality food, but Wendy’s quality seems to have gone way downhill in the last decade not to mention every single location seems to have their own set of prices that never match what you see being advertised.

12. CC says:

I don’t see much point in giving a price for anything on Wendy’s menus considering they don’t seem to pay any attention to it. Prices vary wildly from one location to the next on all items.

It’s like a roll of the dice every time you go to Wendys. 4.69? 6.49? 3.99? who knows what the price will be at an actual location.

13. jenne says:

Not available in Fresno, CA, until next week..

14. IowaGal82 says:

I’v had pretzel bread with a burger before and absolutely hated it. I ate the pretzel bread separate and it was good. I ate the burger as just a patty, and it was good. I didn’t like the combination of the sweet bread with meat.

15. nuttypr0f says:

had it yesterday, loved the bread, the pretzel taste went very well with the burger. I didn’t even notice any honey mustard in mine, so if there was any it was minimal. I would get it again, just for the bread. Maybe I can sub that bread on other sandwiches, i hope so!

16. Beth says:

My local Wendys in Providence RI already has this. I’ve had it twice, I think it’s that good. The cheese sauce makes it really messy, so if you eat in your car, give this a pass. I think all the ingredients work well together. The spring mix adds a little bit of a pepper taste. I HATE mustard, but I dig this honey mustard. My only incredibly mild complaint, is the bun. While good, it’s completely plain. I’d like to see just a little bit of salt on the top like you’d get with an actual pretzel.

17. Ross Houston says:

Here in Chicago, pretzel buns are a buzzword when it comes to burgers. Interesting to see how these fare in the Windy City.

• JF says:

The first time I had a burger with a Pretzel Bun, it was when Smashburger featured their Chicago burger as a LTO in other markets. Smashburger is probably my favorite place to get a burger (although a Five Guys opened up real close to me and that was a great burger too).

I wish they (SB) would offer the Pretzel Bun here as an option. Only other time I had a pretzel bun was on a turkey club and that was great too.

Now that Sonic is using them on hotdogs (might have to give that a try, but never liked any FF hotdog) I’m wondering what’s next. I’m thinking Cheese Steak!

18. maxchain says:

Good lord, five bucks? I’ll do it just to say I did, but I’m getting it exactly once.

19. Terra kistner says:

I hated this burger. There is organic type lettuce which does not stand up to the heat of the burger and if it is made in advance the burger becomes slimy I Kid you not my tomato slid off the thick and chewy bun