New Pretzel Dogs Spotted at Sonic

Thanks to Steven for being a Grub Scout and scouting out a new fast food product found in Wichita, Kansas.  Pretzel buns go beyond sandwiches and burgers with these new Pretzel Dogs spotted at Sonic. The Original Pretzel Dog is topped with mustard and is priced at $1.99 while the Cheesy Bacon Pretzel Dog is $2.49.  We’ll be on the look out for a possible wide release.  UPDATE: SONIC’s new Pretzel Dogs feature premium beef hot dogs, nestled in a warm, soft pretzel bun. The Cheesy Bacon Pretzel Dog is topped with crisp bacon and warm melted cheese sauce, and the Original Pretzel Dog is topped with mustard. Both are available through August 11 at participating SONIC Drive-Ins nationwide.”  These should be available in a wider release on July 1st.Sonic Pretzel Dogs

16 comments on “New Pretzel Dogs Spotted at Sonic

1. Aric says:

These are available in Grand Rapids, Michigan as well, and they’re really good.

2. SonicDude says:

These rolled out nationwide today and they’re pretty damn tasty I might add.

3. Daisy G says:

I’m not a big fan of their hot dogs but I just might try these!

4. jenne says:

They have them now in Fresno, CA. Tried the bacon cheese one today…DELICIOUS! Well worth the 2.50

5. Shana says:

Had one in South Texas. Amazing! Best part was the bacon cheddar had grilled onions. Perfection. Now just need to know the calorie count.

• Steven says:

That would be depressing if we knew what the calorie count was. I have had them for lunch everyday since Thursday.

6. Mark says:

wtf is with pretzel buns everywhere now.

7. Hope says:

These are also in north Mississippi and in the Memphis TN area

8. Will Buckingham says:

I got one of these last Thursday when the local Sonic decided to make them available a few days early to promote them, and unfortunately I got home to find out they had put onions on my bacon cheese pretzel dog. I’m generally not a fan of onions on my hot dog, and I think it tainted my opinion of it after trying a bite and then picking them off. I think the amount of bacon might have been compromised thanks to all the onions as well. I’ll have to give it another go and make sure they don’t mess it up before leaving next time.

9. Rachel says:

Just tried the pretzel dog… was super excited until I got it and it was covered in onions with a tiny bit of bacon. Which they did not show onions on it in the advertising. It waz ewwy.

10. Ramsis says:

Just tried the pretzel dog at Sonic in Fresno CA on west shaw. It sucked ass looks nothing like the picture. It’s puny, no cheddar over the top it looked like paste on the bottom of the bun. The breezes bun in no pretzel it’s a bun with a burnt outer layer. It’s chewy.

11. Dave says:

Got one the other day does not taste anything like a pretzel and didn’t even cut up the bacon was disgusting and the onions are nasty to with a teaspoon of cheese on it