Chili Cheese Tamale Coming to Wienerschnitzel in November

Now this is something you don’t see too often.  Wienerschnitzel is getting into tamales starting in November with the Chili Cheese Tamale.   I also find it not very useful to make mention of this in August, but Wienerschnitzel tweeted it, so why not?

6 comments on “Chili Cheese Tamale Coming to Wienerschnitzel in November

1. Biff McGee says:

Maybe they should stick to chili dogs. This looks disgusting.

2. maynardb61 says:

Actually, I do this at home on occasion. Buy a dozen tamales,
    pour some Wolf brand over them, sprinkle chopped onion on top, and followed by sharp cheddar cheese. Bake in oven until bubbly.
    Quite tasty I think. But I am a old South Texas fella.

3. IBeAnonymous says:

Never eaten a Tamale so I’m not 100% sure, but I thought you are not supposed to eat the corn husk? So why would you put the chili and cheese on the corn husk instead of the filling? Or am I completely off base?

• Jack says:

It’s not on the husk; it’s on the tamale itself — notice it’s actually open and on top of the husk. The husk is traditionally just used as a wrapper, but of course, you don’t eat it.

• maynardb61 says:

You are missing out on some of the comfort food. Tamales are made by hand generally for holidays, but are sold year round in our stores in Texas. Great stuff.

4. Alice Quintana says:

I love your regular tamales without chili. You need to put them on the menu all year round.