The Amazing Spider-Man hits theaters on July 3rd and Hardee’s and Carl’s Jr. have teamed up to promote its Grilled Cheese Bacon Burger and dubbed it “Amazing”.

Charbroiled 100% Black Angus beef patty, bacon strips, melted American and Swiss cheeses, all on grilled bread.

Of course what movie promotion and fast-food tie in would be complete without video game prize giveaways.  Click the pic below for a Hardee’s combo coupon.  Click here for the Carl’s coupon.

8 comments on “The Amazing Spider-Man and The Amazing Grilled Cheese Bacon Burger from Hardee’s and Carl’s Jr.

1. JustinCLE says:

This is the same exact sandwich that Steak ‘n Shake launched a couple months back, but add bacon.

The bread is pretty cool because it is inverted and grilled buns. Wasn’t expecting that!

• Sam Fu says:

Hardee’s released these in early 2010, but I’m glad they’re bringing them back. Really tasty.

And its on sourdough not inverted buns

2. Adam M. says:

Is it? Isn’t it just the Frisco bread?

3. Adam M. says:

Also, Hardee’s has done the “Grilled Cheese” thickburger before, has it not? I think they missed the mark on this one. Now if it were a burger between two grilled cheese SANDWICHES, that would be cool. But if they’re gonna trot it out like this, couldn’t they at least come up with a “Spidey Sauce” or something??

4. Kendall says:

I liked the grilled cheese thickburger back in 2010, but damn that bastard was messy as hell. Ended up dipping my fries in all the cheese that oozed out = free upgrade to cheese fries! 😀

5. SmoledMan says:

Oh god I could eat 5 of those in one sitting!

6. JF says:

I had this when Carls Jr. first introduced it. Well, it might not have been the first time they did, but the first time I was aware of it. And it was about 2 years ago.

So as far as Steak and Shake doing it first, unless they did a LTO prior to 2010 or 2011, Hardees / Carls did it first (at least in FF terms).

I did like it and looking forward to trying it again.

As far as the buns, they are sourdough and it’s even in the graphic Ryan posted.

I’m not sure I’d attack a true grilled cheese burger, meaning both buns are grilled cheese sandwiches, and I know someone has done that before.

But it was a good burger and Carl’s still remains my favorite for FF burgers (Smashburger is my goto for FC).