Food News: Ultimate Chicken Burrito from Del Taco

Just in case Taco Bell’s newest menu item wasn’t doing it for you, Del Taco is also expanding their burrito lineup, introducing the Ultimate Chicken Burrito. Priced at $2.99 a la carte or $5.99 for a meal, the Ultimate Chicken Burrito comes in eight “layers of flavors.”

Ingredients include grilled chicken that has been marinated in a special recipe of spices and seasonings, zesty red sauce, seasoned rice, crisp lettuce, freshly grated cheddar cheese, fresh tomatoes, cool sour cream, and tangy guacamole all wrapped in a warm flour tortilla.

And wouldn’t you look at that, nutrition info is pending. I’ve never been to a Del Taco – which operates primarily in the western United States – but would give it a try if I could. Any of our west coast readers loyal Del Taco fans?

10 comments on “Food News: Ultimate Chicken Burrito from Del Taco

1. We had Del Tacos nearby when I lived in Arizona… like Taco Bell, they seemed silly to me because there’s good, authentic Mexican food everywhere.

But ultimately it’s just so satisfying to shout, “DEL TACO!”

2. maxchain says:

The West? One of them seems to have escaped the herd and gotten stranded in Indiana. I’ll try this out over the weekend.

• maxchain says:

It’s not bad! The ingredients are at a decent ratio to one another, and the rice doesn’t try as hard to suffocate everything else as whenever Taco Bell uses theirs in something.

3. Chefprotoss or dan says:

I spent much of my childhood in socal and dude… Del taco is the shit! Green burritos and crinkle cut fries… Ahhh… The memories…

4. Mike N says:

We have Del Taco in St. Louis (which is not on the west coast, in case you didn’t know) and they do indeed rock! Mostly because they’re open 24 hours (I don’t think I’ve ever been there outside the hours of 12 and 5 a.m.) Until just a month or two ago they had 39 cent tacos.

5. Adam says:

Del Taco is my blue heaven. Blows taco bell out of the water on any and all counts. Plus, no fast food chain has a better value menu.

Spicy chicken burrito, big fat tacos, krinkle fries, hash sticks, 1/2 b and c burritos. All of it is glorious inside my belly!

6. ShaneH says:

Adam, you did say “primarily” in the west coast, which is true, rather than “exclusively.” I think you’re good.

7. Ross says:

They sell hash sticks? I’ve been meaning to cut out my dealer..

8. Pat says:

I love the chicken soft tacos the best… The burrito above is filled with rice more than anything! I always ask for one without rice. Other than that Del Taco is 5 notches above Taco Bell in my opinion.