Food News: Fit From The Farm Menu from Bob Evans
Eating out doesn’t always equal eating healthy. Sometime the choices are pretty limited. When I think about Bob Evans, my mind locks in on something bad for me. I can’t help but look at the new Biscuit Bowls and pass it up for a plate of steamed broccoli. Lucky for me, my options are far greater now with the new Fit from the Farm menu. All of these menu items have 650 calories or less and 750mg of sodium or less.
Just some of the featured items on this “Fit from the Farm” menu include:
- Blueberry-Banana French Toast (Breakfast Menu) – Two thick slices of cinnamon-battered French toast topped with blueberries and bananas (or strawberries when in season). 323 calories/6g fat/567mg sodium
- Fruit & Yogurt Crepe with Quaker Oatmeal (Breakfast Menu) – A delicate crepe filled with low-fat strawberry yogurt then topped with blueberries, bananas, cranberries (or strawberries when in season) and honey-roasted pecans. Served with a cup of oatmeal with brown sugar and milk. 616 calories/17g fat/341mg sodium
- Veggie Omelet (Breakfast Menu) – Fresh baby spinach and onions are cooked into this 3-egg omelet made with Bob Evans Egg Lites, our no-cholesterol egg blend, then topped with diced tomatoes. Served with a fresh fruit dish and a slice of wheat toast (dry) with Jelly. 272 calories/2g fat/549mg sodium
- Apple-Cranberry Spinach Salad (Lunch Menu) – A bed of fresh baby spinach is topped with slow-roasted chicken, crisp apples, sweet dried cranberries and honey-roasted pecans. Served with our new reduced-fat Raspberry Vinaigrette. 389 calories/15g fat/454mg sodium
- Potato Crusted Flounder (Dinner Menu) – A mild whitefish fillet grilled to perfection in a delicious potato crust. Served with a baked potato (plain) and steamed broccoli florets. 415 calories/8g fat/527mg sodium
Check out the Fit from the Farm menu for more choices.