Welcome to August and say hello to the new Dairy Queen Blizzard of the Month, the Oreo Brownie Earthquake Blizzard.  660 calories and 23 grams of fat for a small… might be worth it.

Oreo cookies, fudge brownie pieces, hot fudge and marshmallow blended with creamy vanilla soft serve.

19 comments on “Food News: Dairy Queen Blizzard of the Month for August 2010… the Oreo Brownie Earthquake Blizzard

1. we had this one as our flavor of last month instead of the pecan pie, oddly normally Dairy Queen, as well as Taco Bell, have the same promos in both Canada and the US

2. Jen says:

I was at a US DQ on Sat July 31st and this was the flavor. Maybe they’re wrong?

3. SkippyMom says:

I will take THREE. omg – Oreos are my fav’ non homemade cookies. If this is anywhere near as good as their Heath bar number I am assured to die a happy woman. 🙂 Thanks for the heads up.

• Raiders757 says:

Anything with brownies and Oreos mixed with ice cream is going to be a sure winner. The question is if it will be as good as their Brownie Batter Blizzard, as that is the ultimate Blizzard.

4. J.B. says:

There comes a point in your life when you realize you live in a really crappy town and you ask yourself, why am I here?

No DQ, no Five Guys, no Popeyes, no Chick Fil A, no Del Taco, no Carl’s Jr, no a lot of good restaurants in general.

This is just sad…

• Cassaendra says:

@J.B. Doh… I can mail you a burger from Five Guys. Five Guys are beginning to pop up like weeds here. I’m sure they’ll be in your town soon.

I’ll have to try a bit of this. It sounds like overload from the description! Maybe it’s because I’m not a huge fan of chocolate. *gasp*

• SkippyMom says:

I have been know to make hotel reservations when we travel based on the location of a DQ. No. I am not kidding. heehee.

We have to drive a fair ways to ours here in town, but worth it.

Where do you live tho’ – Iowa?

• J.B. says:

Hell aka Michigan. lol

We had a DQ here years ago but it was owned by two physicians and they let one of their family members run it and they ran it into the ground and had to close it and DQ never returned.

The nearest DQ is probably an hour, hour and a half away.

• Jessica Leigh says:

I’m right there with you. I live in a small town in northwestern NC, actually the inspiration for Mayberry on the Andy Griffith Show, and we barely have any good fast food places. There is a Dairy Queen, but it’s one town over, so I don’t go there too much. I have to drive 45 minutes to go to Five Guys, so I only go there when I have to go to the big city for something like a doctor’s appointment. I try to go to those places when I travel though.

• Raiders757 says:

In reality, if your town has great mom & pop dives, there is no need for corporate chains. Sounds to me like you live in a unique place, that hasn’t been tainted by look alike shopping malls and fast food chains. You should be so lucky.

5. Yum Yucky says:

This year is the first year in all of my years that I eva had a Blizzard. Fantastical. I dunno why I waited so long.

6. um… can i win THIS please?!?!

7. Hunter says:

I just got a blizzard today with my bro because we had buy one get one free. I saw that this was the new flavor and was very tempted to try it because of my love for brownie earthquakes, but instead I chose to go with my classic creation of bananas and carmel mix. It’s simple but excellent. My brother got Snikers.

8. Rachel says:

This has four of my all-time favorite ice cream add ins … oreos, brownies, hot fudge and marshmallow. Change the ice cream flavor from vanilla to chocolate and this is the perfectly conceived indulgence. I was at DQ a few weeks ago and was pleased as punch to see that they now have the “mini” size for the Bliz. Good call, DQ!

• Cassaendra says:

Yes! I was so excited to see a commercial yesterday advertising the Mini. The regular size is just too much of a good thing so I always toss out nearly half of it, even after sharing it with my husband, who has to be sugared out from quickly consuming his concoction in its entirety.

9. Brett says:

Do they deliver to Australia?! That looks seriously good.

10. Shana says:

I hate dq’s ice-cream lately. I only really go for the tacos or a chili cheese frito burger with jalepenos <3

11. Stephanie says:

It’s even better when it’s made with chocolate ice cream instead of the vanilla and hot fudge/chocolate syrup.