Food News: Dairy Queen Blizzard of the Month for July 2010, Pecan Pie Blizzard

Yum!  My favorite Thanksgiving Day dessert is pecan pie; (…what’s yours?) so I might be trying the July Blizzard of the Month.  Dairy Queen’s featured Blizzard this month is the Pecan Pie Blizzard.

Pecans, crispy pie crust pieces and roasted nutty caramel blended with creamy vanilla soft serve.

11 comments on “Food News: Dairy Queen Blizzard of the Month for July 2010, Pecan Pie Blizzard

1. My Fav Thanksgiving dessert? By far pumpkin cheese cake

2. My Fav Thanksgiving dessert has to be pumpkin cheese cake, then maybe pumpkin pie

3. Adam Bomb says:

YES YES YES I WANT THIS NOW. I love pecan pie!

4. Heather says:

I think I’m going to have to break down and try this blizzard.

5. Patrick says:

My fav thanksgiving desert is either pumpkin pie or sweet potato pie!
    Oh and I reeally don’t like pecans so, I won’t be getting this 🙁

6. Jessica Leigh says:

Now this is a blizzard I can really get into. Dairy Queen’s pecan items are the best things on the whole menu!

7. Adam Bomb says:

Regarding Dairy Queen…. I miss “Queen’s Choice Ice Cream”. It was DQ’s hand-dipped ice cream, and I haven’t seen it in at least 15 years. Does anyone else remember it? There’s only one place in my whole city to get ice cream that isn’t soft-serve. I wish DQ would bring that stuff back.

8. SkippyMom says:

My fav’ is either pumpkin or apple pie – for Thanksgiving. But my all time FAV’ pie is Key Lime. I make several during the warmer months. YUM.

9. Heather says:

I stopped by my local DQ to try this blizzard, and they didn’t have it. Isn’t it July Blizzard of the Month, and isn’t it July? When I asked when they might be getting it, her response was, ” I really don’t know, they don’t tell us”. Come on DQ get with the program. The July Blizzard should be available on July 1st!!!!

10. nuttyturnip says:

Same for me. I stopped in on Saturday, and they said they weren’t getting the ingredients until Monday.

11. Stephanie says:

I got one on Sunday. Meh. Ingredients weren’t all mixed in consistantly (the pecans were only found in the middle) and the pie crust bits were kind of strange. I was craving it ever since I saw the post on this website, but I’d skip it and wait for the August BOTM (whatever that may be). Also had their chicken tenders for the first and last time. I wanted the new ones at Hardee’s (where is that review, guys?) but we were already there so I figured WTH. I was so looking forward to it too! But overall, the experience was meh.