New at Dairy Queen… The Blizzard of the Month for June 2010 is the Strawberry Golden Oreo Blizzard.

Your favorite DQ novelty in a Blizzard®, layered with vanilla soft serve, strawberries and irresistible cookie pieces.

26 comments on “Food News: Dairy Queen Blizzard of the Month for June 2010, Strawberry Golden Oreo

1. SkippyMom says:

One word: Gross.

Don’t mess with my traditional Oreos.

2. Tony says:

I have to agree with skippymom, that sounds horrible.

3. TheWarden says:

I don’t know, I’ll give it a bit of credit before I taste this.

Think the common “strawberries and cream flavor” (the cream from the Oreos) with two fold vanilla (vanilla ice cream and the slight vanilla from the Golden Oreos) and it sounds legit.

Then again, it’s probably been a year or so since I’ve been to DQ. Are they still good?

4. Phil says:

Wish I still lived near a Dairy Queen.

5. Adam Bomb says:

Hmmm…. I’ll pass on this one.

6. Ryan says:

I guess I’m in the minority here but I’d actually go for this Blizzard. I love Golden Oreos. Nice to see something other than chocolate make BOTM at DQ.

• Adam Bomb says:

It’s not really the Golden Oreos that bother me. I do like them, but the idea of mixing them with strawberries in ice cream……. blech. Who knows though, it might be great 🙂

7. Red says:

OH NO!!! June 2009 was Brownie Batter Blizzard Blast, and when I went to DQ at the end of the month to finally get one, they were out of brownie batter. I’ve been waiting and waiting, hoping that June 2010 would bring with it the return of this most awesome of all Blizzards. I am crushed =(

• Heidi says:

Have you tried the Georgia Mud Fudge? It’s super good! I’m allergic to strawberries, so I guess I’ll have to take a pass on this one. Boo!

8. Jessica J says:

I am actually excited about this one because I love strawberries! The best item at Dairy Queen is the Pecan Mudslide!

9. Patrick says:

Gonna try it in a few minutes, looks really good!

10. Patrick says:

Well it’s Arizona, so by the time we got back home it was more like a smoothie. But, flavor wise, it was great! The strawberries weren’t sour or anything, and there were plenty of them. The cookies were slighty smooshy, but that’s expected from being in melty ice cream. I wish there were a little more cookies, but overall I was very satisfied. 😀

11. Shana says:

Looks terrible atleast it’s not chocolate again ..still holding out for the return of the cotton candy blizzard

12. robin says:

i think it sounds good! i would try it…. if i could fathom the calories.

13. Brett says:

This is seriously soooo goood. i had one last night, and its my new favorite!

14. Jenny says:

I had one today, and it was awesome! The strawberries were huge and juicy, and the cookie chunks were big and crunchy. I get sick of chocolate flavors in ice cream, and I don’t care for the cheesecake blizzards, so this was perfect!

15. Adam says:

@Robin,

You can do it. I believe in you!

16. StrawBerry says:

Its funny that they made this an official blizzard because anytime I go to an ice cream shop I always get a strawberry shake mixed with chocolate oreos and its DELICIOUS. The sweet cream and the juiciness from the strawberries then the crunchiness and chocolate from the oreos make it a very good treat. I haven’t tried it with the golden oreos yet but I will soon. Hopefully its as good as the chocolate oreos

17. Abe says:

This Blizzard is by far the best one I have tried. I live down the street from one and will go by there everyday for one.
    Probably get some for free, since I have a friend who works there.

18. jen4ren says:

I can’t wait to try this one! Ice cream is something I eat almost everyday, also, I’m a big strawberry lover. D Q Grill and Chill was a GREAT place to work. I made some true friends who made excellent work partners for the three years I worked there. I was a fool to leave. D Q was the best fastfood restaurant to work at in my town. I STILL LOVE DAIRY QUEEN!!

19. Chelsea says:

I LOVE this blizzard!
    It is so delicious
    don’t judge a book by it’s cover, this is very delicious!

20. Scarhead says:

Hey I just had it and it was great! forget the naysayers, DQ all the way baby!

21. Abby says:

The blizzard was really quite good. I can’t wait to see what they will have next month. I try to at least get the monthly flavor once.

22. Pam says:

I tried the Strawberry Golden Oreo Blizzard and I Loved it…The taste to me is awesome….This is the best one I’ve had yet!! Thumbs up on this one