The KFC Doublicious Chicken Sandwich?

Spotted in Nebraska, the KFC Doublicious Chicken Sandwich.  Details are a bit scarce but the Doublicious includes cheese, bacon some zesty sauce and available in Original Recipe or Grilled chicken. The best part seems to be that it’s served on a sweet Hawaiian bun.  I’m a big fan of Hawaiian bread.  The Doublicious combo meal was around the $5.00 area in Nebraska.  Here’s hoping for a nationwide release at some point.  Thanks to GrubGrade reader Chris Heidtbrink for the heads up.

KFC Doublicious Chicken Sandwich

19 comments on “The KFC Doublicious Chicken Sandwich?

1. Adam says:

Dude this would be awsome. Have no seen it here in Utah yet, but will be on the lookout!

2. maxchain says:

Hawaiian bread is always awesome. No exceptions. Consider me on the hunt!

3. Michael says:

Combo for $5? If that is true with the sweet Hawaiian bun, I am definitely going to try this out once it is available here.

4. Hmm… but what’s the Double?! Is it two chicken patties?!

• Ryan says:

@ Brand Eating … You know…that is an excellent question. Maybe it’s 2 slices of cheese, 2 strips of bacon??? Not sure if it’s 2 chicken patties…well maybe it is? Hard to tell from the picture. I will look into it.

5. Very cool, thanks for the heads up Ryan.

6. pav777 says:

This reminds me of when KFC sold sheets of dinner rolls that had similar sweet taste. I miss those

7. Chris says:

I just have to say that the sandwich was really good! The next time I go and am sure it’ll be this week, i’ll be sure to take pictures and get them to Ryan.

8. Fargus says:

I live near Omaha, Nebraska and had the joy of experiencing this sandwich today. It was better than you can imagine and practically a religious experience. If they don’t have them where you live, drive to Omaha and eat one. It’s a pilgrimage that everyone should take. The Colonel would be proud. Soooo tasty!

9. Laura says:

It’s here in Austin too! It was pretty good, though unexpected–I was looking for a low-cal grilled chicken sandwich & ordered it because it was the only grilled chicken sandwich shown. Definitely NOT low-cal!

• Michael says:

Where in Austin ? That is Austin, Tx you are talking about, correct ? I am jonesin’ for one of these and haven’t seen them anywhere. Thanks, M

• ashlee says:

there are a few grilled sandwiches. the doublkedown you can get grilled, there is also a grilled filet sandwich and now the new doubleicious grilled.

10. Allen says:

Saw this in NE as well. Thought it was rolled out in nationwide in conjunction with the Double Down, since it’s essentially the same as the DD minus one piece of chicken plus one delicious bun.

Anyway, I tried to order one back home and they acted like I was crazy.

11. Jessica says:

This sandwich is called doublicious beacause there is 2 versions of it. It goes National as of July 5th. I am a manager for KFC.

12. mariah says:

its double the flavor (:
    this sandwich is so fun to make and delicious because of the bread.
    sweet and savory’s the perfect description