Free Slurpees Tomorrow! July 11
What’s the date tomorrow? That’s right 7/11 and in honor of the Slurpees 82nd birthday participating 7-Elevens are offering up free Slurpees (7.11oz to the first 1000 customers). This will be a welcome treat for a nice summer Saturday. If you’re like me, however, you’ll get a brain-freeze within the first minute or so of getting your frugal/greedy/stingy paws on your flavor of choice so here’s a How-to from eHow.com on curing it:
- Counteract that sudden brain-freeze by sipping some warm water, warm tea, coffee or any other warm beverage. Hold the warm liquid in your mouth and push the warm liquid to the roof of your mouth. The roof of your mouth is where you triggered the brain-freeze to begin with, so you’re basically trying to warm it back up.
- Press your tongue to the roof of your mouth and work at keeping it there for 30 seconds at least. The tongue is applying heat back to the area that just suffered the brain-freeze.
- Pinch your nose firmly on the upper bony part of it. Hold the pinch for 30 seconds to take the focus away from the brain-freeze area. This may or may not work for you, but give it a try.
- Use your finger tips to really dig in and rub the back of your neck. This will feel like you’re giving yourself a shanghai massage. Again, this rubbing action takes the focus from the brain-freeze to another part of your body.
- Take a deep breath in and hold your breath for 30 seconds or longer. Holding your breath causes your body to heat, and therefore deactivates the brain-freeze.
- Press your fingertips against your closed eyes. Do this firmly and yet gently. Rub gently and press your eyes, working up to the bony area on each side of the nose, and up under the browbone area.
What’s your favorite Slurpee flavor? I’d have to go with Piña Colada but some days I opt for the good old Suicide.