We are now in my favorite month of the year, October.  The weather is crisp and cool here in Maryland and for you sports fans you’ve got the NFL in full swing, the start of the hockey season, MLB playoffs and the NBA getting underway later on in the month.  A new month means a lot of different things and if you’re familiar with GrubGrade you also know that we’re here to bring you news of the new Blizzard of the Month from Dairy Queen.  So for the start of a new season, Dairy Queen is offering a taste of October with the Pumpkin Pie Blizzard.  A Small Pumpkin Pie Blizzard will set you back 570 calories and 20 grams of fat.

Pumpkin Pie blended with vanilla soft serve, crowned with whipped topping and nutmeg.

Pumpkin Pie Blizzard from Dairy Queen

15 comments on “Food News: Dairy Queen Blizzard of the Month for October 2009 is The Pumpkin Pie Blizzard

1. brad says:

oooooh mmmmyyyy goooooodddd that looks so good.

2. Marty says:

Glad to know my favorite part of last fall is back THIS fall.

Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeelicious.

3. willrun4food says:

Best. Blizzard. EVER.

4. OMG. That sounds amazing but I have to be honest with you. That picture makes it look like baby diarreah.

5. Ryan says:

Haha..gross Greg…kinda looks like baby food actually…but what can I expect from mashed pumpkin pie in vanilla soft serve. Maybe the Autumn season will entice me into sampling this Blizzard before the month is over.

6. Adam Bomb says:

Gregory: If baby diarrhea tastes like the pumpkin pie blizzard, I’m gonna start stealing dirty diapers out of garbage bins. That thing is heaven in a cardboard cup.

7. Raiders757 says:

I’m drooling.

8. Heather says:

I have passed up the last few “Blizzards of the Month”, but I have to say, this one is enticing. I just might break down and give this a try.

9. maxchain says:

Y’know, I think I’ve been underestimating the competence of my local DQs They managed to make me a surprisingly non-melted Thin Mint Blizzard back in… July, was it? I’d better get one of these just to make sure it wasn’t a freak un-accident, though.

10. I am with Heather, I usually pass, but this one could be good.

11. Oh my god. I’m going to get so fat on pumpkin.

12. Diana says:

DQ is the devil. Just when you think they can’t “top” their blizzard of the month, they go ahead and top it.

13. Diana says:

I couldn’t resist this one, and I’m telling you: it is worth every single calorie. Delicious!