Food News: Hardee’s Introduces the Big Hardee

It was only a matter of time.  Carl’s Jr. comes out with The Big Carl to duke it out with the McDonald’s Big Mac and now Hardee’s comes out with the Big Hardee.  This time around, upping the ante with another beef patty.  This burger looks amazing.  Clocking in at 730 calories, 51 grams of fat and 36 grams of protein…the Big Hardee should fight off your burger craving with no problem.  Price Update:  I contacted Hardee’s and the price of the Big Hardee is $2.29 but varies by location.

The Big Hardee™ stacks three patties, two slices of American cheese, some shredded lettuce and finished with our own tangy Big Twin sauce – all on a seeded bun.

Big Hardee

22 comments on “Food News: Hardee’s Introduces the Big Hardee

1. ChrisSh says:

Mmmm, how much is it?!

2. Ryan says:

I’m currently trying to track down the price…I’ll post it soon. Oh and I just realized that the Big Hardee was intro’d back in 1995 and is back for Round 2. Everything comes full circle I guess…

3. SkippyMom says:

Realizing it won’t be that large in real life – I still think THREE patties is a bit extreme. Isn’t it?

4. Al says:

Oh man, that looks good. Just missing the tomato and onion. Sucks that the only Carl’s Jr I know of in Washington is on the other side of the state in Spokane. 🙁

5. Robert says:

The Big Hardee is around $1.99.

I went to McDonald’s over the weekend and the price for a Big Mac was $3.39!

What a McRipoff. I’d rather have Hardee’s extra charbroiled beef patty than McDonald’s extra bready bun. Especially when the Big Hardee is well over a buck less!

6. rob says:

I would like some to-mah-to on mine.

7. Colin says:

That looks so good, I could cry.

8. Colin says:

Also, those tears I could cry would be made of beef.

9. Wow the is huge! Enough said!

10. Colin says:

So, I had to go out and try t a Big Hardee after seeing this. It was…Okay. The flavor was good, but there was *way* too much sauce on it and it kinda took the overall package down a notch.

11. ChrisSh says:

I was wondering if there was as much sauce as in the picture, guess so. I am back home in Iowa right now and don’t have a Hardees in town but there is one in the next town over so I may have to get one next time I am near there. Sounds like I’ll probably be scraping about half the sauce off though (since asking them for half sauce would result in extra sauce, no sauce, or something entirely worse).

12. Nate says:

@Alan – Good news, there’s one in Lacey now. Just outside of Olympia.

13. Nate says:

@Al – Sorry, saw Al, mind registered Alan.

14. Donkey says:

Man o man, I’m jealous. I tried the Big Carl right when it came out and I was impressed by the beef patties but disappointed that it lacked enough sauce. Now they drop the price AND add mo’ beef to the Big Hardee?

I need to fly out to the nearest Hardees… in TX, and git me some bbq while I’m at it.

15. Toni says:

Yeah, I think this is Hardee’s giving McDonald’s the perverbial finger after McDonald’s came out with their Angus beef burgers.

Even so, I definitely have to try this.

16. Casey says:

As the Restaurant Manager for a Hardee’s., I can tell you that if you are receiving so much of the sauce that it looks like the pictures, then your local store is not properly portioning it. Sandwiches like this depend on a correct level of ingredients to make the perfect balance of flavor. It is for this reason that assembly-line restaurants like McDonalds use a device that looks like a caulk gun with notches to apply exact amounts of their sauces.

Give it another chance, Colin, and this time tell them to make the thing the right way.

17. Joseph says:

I just ate one of those, and it was glorious.

18. Bill says:

Wow that looks amazing. Give me two!

19. Linda says:

DEAR AMERICA,

WONDER WHY YOU’RE FAT?

20. Craig says:

Just finished eating one of these–perhaps the first time in my life I’ve actually been influenced by a commercial into buying something:)

While I wasn’t disappointed in the taste–it’s presentation left a lot to be desired. Frankly looked like it had been ran over by a small truck. Unbelievable that one of your restaurants would serves something like that.

It did taste darn good, though!!

21. Ben says:

IMO Hardee’s should get sued for false advertisement on this one. It sure did have three paties in it, but they were seriously the size of silver dollars.

When I go to a fast food restaurant and order a burger, I NEVER expect to get what is shown on the menu. But the Big Hardee has to be the worst attempt I’ve ever seen.

I guess that’s why the local Hardees’ parking lot is always barren, while the other fast food spots have at least some patrons.

Maybe they were out of the appropriate size patties when I was there, but I guess I’ll never know.

22. nahtsch says: