If you’re a fan of Cap’n Crunch cereal and Taco Bell, mark your calendar for Thursday, July 2nd because Cap’n Crunch Delights are coming. Cap’n Crunch Delights are fried dough balls with a warm milk-flavored icing on the inside and topped with Cap’n Crunch Crunch Berries cereal crumbs. Cinnabon Delights have some competition.
Starting Monday, June 8th, Starbucks will be celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Frappuccino by offering six new flavors.
- Caramel Cocoa Cluster: Toffee nut syrup, blended with coffee then topped with a dark caramel sauce, whipped cream and a mocha drizzle.
- Cinnamon Roll: Cinnamon dolce syrup blended together with coffee, white chocolate mocha sauce and vanilla bean, topped with whipped cream and a cinnamon dolce sprinkle.
- Cotton Candy: Vanilla Bean Crème Frappuccino with added raspberry syrup, blended and finished with whipped cream.
- Cupcake: Vanilla Bean Crème Frappuccino with added hazelnut syrup, blend and finished with whipped cream.
- Lemon Bar: A sweet and sour mix that brings lemonade and vanilla together. Finished perfectly with whipped cream and a caramel sugar sprinkle.
- Red Velvet Cake: A confectionery-inspired blend of chocolaty chips, mocha sauce, raspberry and vanilla syrup, topped with whipped cream.
The King’s Hawaiian Pork & Slaw Sandwich is set to make its summertime appearance on Monday, June 29th. There’s a website called The Great Napkin Shortage with a countdown clock. Starting on June 15th there will be a sign-up for early access to the sandwich with a chance to win a $500 Firehouse Subs gift card.
Experts have issued a napkin shortage watch due to the imminent return of the king’s hawaiian® pork & slaw sandwich at firehouse subs. firehouse subs co-founder robin sorensen said, “it’s a ten-napkiner!”
Del Taco has added avocado to their menu and it’s being featured in the new Epic Grilled Chicken Avocado Burrito. The burrito is packed with six slices of Hass avocado, grilled chicken, pico de gallo, fresca lime rice, seasoned black beans and salsa casera in a flour tortilla. Suggested price: $5.29. You can add fresh avocado slices to any item for 30 cents.
Also new to the Del Taco menu is new Bacon Chipotle Cheddar Fries which are crinkle-cut fries topped with diced tomatoes, grated cheddar cheese, bacon pieces and chipotle sauce.
Wienerschnitzel has added five new Chili Cheese Dog flavors to the menu. Available at participating Wienerschnitzel locations for a limited time.
- Buffalo Bacon Chili Cheese Dog: chopped bacon, sport peppers and Frank’s® Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Triple Cheese Double Bacon Chili Dog: double portion of chopped bacon and slices of American cheese
- Bacon Ranch Chili Cheese Dog: chopped bacon and creamy ranch dressing
- The Works Chili Cheese Dog: mustard, sliced tomato and a pickle spear
- Loaded Bacon Street Chili Cheese Dog: chopped bacon, mustard, ketchup, mayo, and grilled onions
Papa John’s introduced Garlic Knots in late April and now they’re offering a sweeter option with new Cinnamon Knots. For the promo price of $5 get eight knots made from “fresh, never frozen dough”, topped with a cinnamon sugar drizzle and oven baked.
Now available at Carl’s Jr. is the new Hostess Ding Dong Ice Cream Sandwich. This ice cream sandwich features a Hostess Ding Dong chocolate snack cake split in two and sandwiched around hand-scooped premium vanilla ice cream. Available for $1.49. Prices may vary by location.
Since the newest limited time offer from Popeyes has been available for a week now, it clearly shows I wasn’t overly hyped to try it right away. I guess Smoky Garlic Chile Chicken didn’t really connect with me from just a promotional level. Shame on me, Popeyes rarely disappoints.
Smoky Garlic Chile Chicken is priced at $4.99 and comes with 4 tenderloins, a regular side, biscuit and new Garlic Herb Dipping Sauce. A complete meal and they standard strong value from Popeyes. Since the promo picture shows a side of red beans and rice, I picked that for my side.
… continue reading “Review: Smoky Garlic Chile Chicken from Popeyes”
June’s Flavor of the Month at Baskin-Robbins is Dunkin’ Donuts Coffee ‘N Donut. This ice cream is described as “Dunkin’ Donuts® donut flavored ice cream, donut pieces, and a chocolate flavored icing ribbon dunked within Dunkin’ Donuts® coffee ice cream.”
Dunkin’ Donuts has introduced some new cookie flavored drinks as well as two new Chips Ahoy! Donuts. Available at participating locations for a limited time only.
Here’s a rundown of the new offerings:
- Cookie Flavored Iced Coffees: Iced Coffee featuring the flavors of beloved OREO® or Chips Ahoy!® cookies.
- OREO® and Chips Ahoy!® Coolatta® Frozen Beverages: Cookie flavored Coolatta frozen beverages made with real cookie mix-ins in every sip. The new Chips Ahoy! ® Coolatta joins returning favorite, OREO® Coolatta.
- Chips Ahoy!® Crème Donut: A yeast shell filled with cookie dough flavored buttercreme, frosted with chocolate icing and dipped in crumbled Chips Ahoy!® cookies.
- Chips Ahoy!® Crunch Donut: A yeast ring frosted with chocolate icing and dipped in crumbled Chips Ahoy!® cookies.
In episode 56 of The Nosh Show, we review our impressions of new S’mores Oreo Cookies and also discuss Peanut Butter and Jelly Peanut Butter Cups, hot dogs at BK and much more.
You can download the episode or subscribe to The Nosh Show on iTunes or Stitcher. Follow the show on Twitter and like us on Facebook. Thanks for listening!
National Doughnut Day is on Friday, June 5th and if you stop by a participating Krispy Kreme location, you can get a FREE doughnut of any variety. No purchase necessary. Limit one free doughnut per guest.