On Saturday, September 19th, Long John Silver’s is once again celebrating Talk Like a Pirate Day with free grub. If you come in and talk like a pirate, you’ll receive a free piece of 100% Alaskan Whitefish or Chicken Tender. If you come in dressed like a pirate, you’ll receive a free 2 pc. Fish or Chicken Basket. More details here.
In episode 63 of The Nosh Show, we discuss the McWhopper, a crispy chicken taco shell at Taco Bell, the Chips Ahoy S’mores Shake from BK and a bunch more.
You can download the episode or subscribe to The Nosh Show on iTunes or Stitcher. Follow the show on Twitter and like us on Facebook. Thanks for listening!
Post-Labor Day blues? Take advantage on Tuesday, September 8th, when single-patty cheeseburgers at Sonic will be 1/2 price all day.
GrubGrade reader Sascha sent over a picture of a Taco Bell menu board in Michigan that’s offering new Oat & Blueberry Delights. Priced at $1.00 for 2 or $1.69 for 4. This isn’t on the national menu so consider this a test item for now. If you’ve spotted this new breakfast item at your local Taco Bell, let us know in the comments.
Del Taco’s has introduced three new salads under 600 calories with dressing included.These new Handcrafted Ensaladas are made to order and are available in three choices… Chicken Bacon Avocado, Mexican Chopped Chicken and Signature Taco:
- Chicken Bacon Avocado Salad:features freshly grilled marinated chicken, fresh sliced Hass avocado, crispy hand-chopped bacon, handmade pico de gallo salsa, chopped cilantro, and fresh house-made tortilla chips atop a mix of fresh crisp romaine and iceberg lettuce. Served with new cilantro pepita ranch dressing and only 590 calories.
- Mexican Chopped Chicken Salad:include a fresh blend of romaine and iceberg lettuce topped with fresh sliced Hass avocado, handmade pico de gallo salsa, chopped cilantro, fresh house-made tortilla chips, spicy jack cheese, seasoned black beans and freshly grilled marinated chicken. Served with salsa casera and only 510 calories.
- Signature Taco Salad:features seasoned beef, freshly sliced Hass avocado, handmade pico de gallo salsa, cheddar cheese freshly grated from 40-pound blocks, chopped cilantro, seasoned black beans, fresh house-made tortilla chips and real sour cream on a mix of fresh crisp romaine and iceberg lettuce. Served with salsa casera and only 540 calories.
Quiznos has teamed up with Twentieth Century Fox’s movie “Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials” and a part of the promotion includes a new Quiznos sandwich called the SatisFIRE. The SatisFIRE features slow-roasted pulled pork, honey ham, bacon, cheddar cheese, serrano pepper aioli, sautéed onions, fresh jalapenos, pickles, lettuce and tomatoes on ciabatta bread. Available for a limited time only.
Carl’s Jr. has released yet another painfully creative limited time menu item, the Cinnamon Swirl French Toast Breakfast Sandwich. This sandwich features folded egg, American cheese, and your choice of sausage, ham, or bacon drizzled with maple syrup sauce and sandwiched between two slices of Cinnamon Swirl French Toast. Let’s do a GrubGrade review, shall we?
I have not tried any of the recent Carl’s Jr. breakfast sandwiches, but have typically enjoyed their limited time offerings. The price of $2.99 for the sandwich seemed reasonable compared to other breakfast options, especially for a premium item. I decided to choose sausage, as it was the protein pictured in promotional materials. I was not prepared to find a sweet and savory amalgamation like this so enjoyable and satisfying. … continue reading “Review: Cinnamon Swirl French Toast Breakfast Sandwich from Carl’s Jr.”
Sonic’s latest menu update brings us new Ice Cream Cake Shakes and Ice Cream Cake Waffle Cones. Available in three options — Vanilla Birthday Cake, Oreo(R) & Cake, and Strawberry Shortcake. Each cake flavor features Real Ice Cream layered with cake pieces and cake batter flavor either hand-mixed in a shake or in a waffle cone.
- Vanilla Birthday Cake: Rainbow sprinkles, cake batter frosting, vanilla birthday cake pieces, vanilla ice cream
- OREO & Cake Shake: OREO® cookie pieces, cake batter frosting, vanilla cake pieces, vanilla ice cream
- Strawberry Shortcake Shake: Strawberries, cake batter frosting, vanilla cake pieces, vanilla ice cream
For its 70th birthday, Baskin-Robbins is celebrating with the new Banana Split ice cream flavor which is the Flavor of the Month for September. Banana Split is banana flavored ice cream topped with chocolate covered cherry pieces and almonds swirled with pineapple pieces and strawberry and hot fudge ribbons.
Returning for a limited time for the fall season is Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice Cream which features pumpkin and cheesecake flavored ice creams, ginger snap cookie pieces and a cinnamon cream cheese flavored ribbon.
The latest promotion from Wendy’s is the $4 10-piece Nugget Combo which comes with small fries and a drink. To kick off the combo promo, Wendy’s has introduced new Creamy Sriracha to their dipping sauce line-up. Prices and participation may vary.
Feast Sized Meal. Snack Sized Price. Grab 10 nuggets, small fries and a drink for just $4! Any sauce will do, but our new Creamy Sriracha makes this a deal worth sweating for.
Starting on Tuesday, October 6th, McDonald’s will be offering some core breakfast items all day long. Testing since March, the all-day breakfast menu will consist of a limited number of items that will vary depending on the region. Do you crave an Egg McMuffin after 10:30am? Breakfast at any time of the day isn’t new to places like Jack in the Box or Sonic, but with the added competition from Taco Bell’s breakfast, McDonald’s has to take a big step towards consumer demands.
Krispy Kreme’s menu has been updated for the coming fall season with some returning items and some newcomers. Returning to the menu is the Pumpkin Spice Latte and Pumpkin Spice Cake Doughnut. New to the menu is the Salted Caramel Latte and Salted Caramel Latte Doughnut.
The new Salted Caramel Latte is available hot, iced or frozen and features a blend of salt and amber sugar and is topped with whipped cream. The new Salted Caramel Latte Doughnut is a yeast doughnut filled with an espresso flavored Kreme™ filling, topped with salted caramel icing, salted sugar and an espresso icing drizzle. Available now through Nov. 26 at participating Krispy Kreme US and Canadian locations.