Arby’s has updated its chicken breast to a crispy buttermilk chicken breast filet which is featured in new Buttermilk Chicken Sandwiches. There are four to choose from, here’s the rundown:
- Buttermilk Crispy Chicken Sandwich: Meatcraft™ means letting the ingredients speak for themselves. Crispy buttermilk, chicken breast is topped with lettuce, mayo, and tomato and served on a star top bun. Nothing fancy. Just real good taste. 550 calories, 26 grams of fat, 4.5 grams of saturated fat, 1480 milligrams of sodium, 52 grams of carbs, 6 grams of sugar, 29 grams of protein
- Buttermilk Buffalo Chicken Sandwich: Star top bun on top, star top bun heel on the bottom. What’s in between you ask? Oh, just a crispy, tender filet of buttermilk chicken drenched in spicy buffalo sauce. Oh, and a creamy parmesan peppercorn ranch dressing. And shredded iceberg lettuce. I mean, if you’re into that kind of thing. 540 calories, 24 grams of fat, 4.5 grams of saturated fat, 211o milligrams of sodium, 53 grams of carbs, 6 grams of sugar, 29 grams of protein
- Buttermilk Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwich: Our Chicken Cordon Bleu sandwich is a buttermilk chicken breast fillet topped with thinly sliced pit-smoked ham, Swiss and mayo. We serve it on a star top bun. Pronounce however you want. We don’t care, as long as you love it. 690 calories, 35 grams of fat, 10 grams of saturated fat, 2000 milligrams of sodium, 53 grams of carbs, 7 grams of sugar, 41 grams of protein
- Buttermilk Chicken Bacon & Swiss: Chicken breast fried to perfection and topped with thick cut pepper bacon, Swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato and honey mustard. Served on a toasted star top bun. Your stomach will thank you for your generosity. 650 calories, 31 grams of fat, 9 grams of saturated fat, 1750 milligrams of sodium, 56 grams of carbs, 9 grams of sugar, 39 grams of protein
A new dessert option is now available at Sonic called Sonic Blast Flavor Funnels. There are five to choose from and each features a special filled core.
- Sonic Blast made with Snickers Bars & Caramel Flavor Funnel (930 calories for the small size)
- Sonic Blast made with M&M’s Chocolate Candies & Chocolate Flavor Funnel (1030 calories for the small size)
- Sonic Blast made with OREO Cookie pieces & OREO Stuffing Flavor Funnel (1070 calories for the small size)
- Sonic Blast made with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups & Peanut Butter Flavor Funnel (930 calories for the small size)
- Sonic Blast made with Butterfingers & Caramel Flavor Funnel (1020 calories for the small size)
On episode 84 of The Nosh Show we talk about new Girl Scout Cookies, new M&M’s, Domino’s Salads and much more.Subscribe to The Nosh Show on iTunes or Stitcher. Follow the show on Twitter and like us on Facebook. Thanks for listening!
Taco Bell’s breakfast menu has seen a good number of changes over its short lifetime. The latest entry to the menu… Mini Pancakes. This new item was spotted by GrubGrade reader Josh in Toledo, Ohio (test market) and they’re priced at $1 for 5 Mini Pancakes.
Some fast food items sound like a good idea on paper and then disappoint with poor execution. Some fast food items seem like they’d be gross and then I’m pleasantly surprised. The new Whopperrito from Burger King seemed like a bad idea to me and it turned out to be pretty mediocre. Just because a test market item gets some media buzz doesn’t mean you have to rush out a lackluster product. Clearly the BK business model doesn’t factor in quality control as much as I’d like.
Burger King describes their new Whopperrito like this:
The WHOPPERRITO™ is made with savory flame-grilled 100% beef and seasoned with a special blend of spices to deliver the ultimate burger-burrito mashup. It’s stuffed with a creamy Queso, pickles, diced onions, juicy tomatoes, and crisp lettuce all wrapped in a warm flour tortilla.
I feel that Burger King has enough issues with maintaining the quality of their core menu items and that rehashing the mediocre ingredients doesn’t help things. … continue reading “Review: Whopperrito from Burger King”
For a limited time, Popeyes is offering a mixed 2-piece chicken plus a biscuit for the promo price of $2.99. The promotion is an early start on National Chicken Month which is September and Popeyes calls it “Love that Chicken Month”.
Jack in the Box is currently promoting its Jumbo Breakfast Platter for the special discounted price of $2.99. The Jumbo Breakfast Platter includes scrambled eggs, hash browns, eight mini pancakes, and your choice of country grilled sausage or three slices of bacon. Making its debut in 2011, the Jumbo Breakfast Platter originally started out at the $2.99 price, but currently carries a suggested price of over four dollars in most areas. Available for a limited time only at participating Jack in the Box locations.
If you’re a fan of the Frosty, take advantage that Wendy’s is now offering their small Frosty for 50 cents. Offer available for a limited time at participating locations.
Starting today, Domino’s will be expanding the menu with new salads. There are three to choose from: Classic Garden, Chicken Caesar and Chicken Apple Pecan. These prepackaged salads are priced at $5.99 each when paired with any of Domino’s mix and match menu items.
Qdoba has updated the menu with new Smoked Brisket, now available for a limited time only. New Smoked Brisket is slow-smoked over real wood for four hours and can be used in burritos, burrito bowls, quesadillas, nachos, salads, and the new Outlaw Knockout Taco. The Outlaw features Smoked Brisket, Ancho Chile BBQ sauce, habanero salsa, and corn salsa, topped with cilantro and Cotija cheese, and served on a warm corn tortilla.
In the span of two years grilled chicken has become the new black on fast food menu boards. Once a chewy saline afterthought that only calorie-conscious consumers considered, grilled chicken has gotten a makeover that’s at least partially due to the growing popularity and marketing buzz around antibiotic free and “all natural” chicken.Chick-fil-A, Carl’s Jr., Subway, and McDonald’s have all revamped their grilled chicken in the last two years, and after testing a new grilled chicken sandwich recipe last year, Wendy’s has quietly taken an improved recipe of the Grilled Chicken Sandwich national.
The Wendy’s website describes the new sandwich like this:
Wendy’s New Grilled Chicken Sandwich is a juicy, all-white meat chicken breast fillet, marinated in a blend of herbs, topped with a smoky honey mustard, vibrant spring mix and fresh-cut tomato, all served on a toasted, multigrain bun.
I can’t remember the last time I had the grilled version of Wendy’s Chicken sandwich, but from what I remember, it was like a lot of grilled chicken I’ve had in the past: so-so, but not desirable in its own right. This new sandwich definitely stood out for me though, even though it’s pretty simple. … continue reading “Review: New Grilled Chicken Sandwich from Wendy’s”
New Cheesy Core Burritos from Taco Bell are now available. If you remember back in March we brought you news of this item when it was in its test market phase.
There are two versions of Cheesy Core Burritos, the Spicy Cheesy Core Burrito and the Crunchy Cheesy Core Burrito. The Spicy Cheese Core Burrito features seasoned beef, premium latin rice, reduced fat sour cream, jalapeno peppers, red sauce, a 3-cheese blend, and nacho cheese sauce. It’s estimated to be between 540 and 570 calories. The Crunchy Cheese Core Burrito features seasoned beef, premium latin rice, reduced fat sour cream, red strips, red sauce, a 3-cheese blend, and nacho cheese sauce. The calorie range is between 610 and 630 calories. Both Core Burritos are priced at $2.19 at my local Taco Bell in Maryland.