There’s a new dessert at participating Checkers/Rally’s locations, but they currently don’t appear on the company website. No press release once again so not much to go one with details except for the picture below which was posted on the Checkers/Rally’s Facebook page. The new dessert is called the Sundae Stacker and there’s three to choose from… Strawberry Cheesecake, OREO Raspberry, and Key Lime Pie. Priced at $1.99 each, the Sundae Stackers are reminiscent of the brands Layered Sundaes, Hole-Lottas, and Stuffed Waffle Cone desserts which feature soft serve ice cream stacked in between sundae topping ingredients.
In episode 44 of The Nosh Show, we discuss Trader Joe’s Cookie Butter Cheesecake, Dr Pepper BBQ, and doughnuts from Domino’s. Plus there’s another installment of the Happy Happy Mystery Package Fun Time segment.
You can download the episode or subscribe to The Nosh Show on iTunes or Stitcher. Follow the show on Twitter and like us on Facebook. Thanks for listening!
For the holiday season, select McDonald’s locations are once again offering the Egg Nog McCafe Shake and Holiday Pie (review). The Egg Nog Shake features a vanilla reduced fat ice cream base, egg nog shake syrup, and topped with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry. The baked Holiday Pie features a vanilla custard in a pie crust glazed with sugar and topped with rainbow sprinkles.
Dunkin’ Donuts is getting into the holiday spirit with new cookie flavored drinks… but don’t forget the donuts. New this year at Dunkin’ is the Holiday Wreath Donut which features “a festive yeast ring donut topped with green icing and red icing drizzle”. Also returning this season is the Holiday Star Donut which is a star-shaped donut with Bavarian creme filling and topped with red icing and white sprinkles. Available for a limited time at participating Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants nationwide.
Panera’s menu has been updated with a bunch of returning favorites and a couple of newcomers too. Here are the latest limited-time offerings available now at participating locations:
- It’s Back! Steak & White Cheddar Panini: The ultimate comfort food sandwich is back by popular demand. Our Steak & White Cheddar Panini unites tender strips of seared steak layered with caramelized onions, Vermont white cheddar and a freshly baked French baguette. Try it with our Bistro French Onion Soup for the perfect comfort meal.
- New! Shrimp Caesar Salad: It’s shrimp season! Get a taste of the sea in our new Shrimp Caesar Salad, available only for a limited time. Made with tender shrimp, fresh romaine, asiago-parmesan and homemade asiago croutons, it’s the perfect choice alone or paired with your favorite soup or sandwich. 410 calories, 25 grams of fat, 730 milligrams of sodium, 17 grams of carbs, 3 grams of fiber, 31 grams of protein
- It’s Back! Holiday Bread: What’s freshly baked and full of sweet suprises? Our Holiday Bread, and it’s back for the season. It’s the perfect treat for winter mornings spent with family and friends. Grab it to go at your local bakery-cafe and bring home a taste of the holidays, from our heart to yours.
- It’s Back! Pumpkin Pie Bagel: You needn’t wait to enjoy one of your favorite holiday flavors. Our Pumpkin Pie Bagel is back for the season and just as freshly baked and delicious as you remember. Try it with our New York Style Cheesecake Cream Cheese Spread for breakfast or an anytime treat.
- Signature Hot Chocolate: This is no ordinary hot chocolate. Made with our bittersweet chocolate flavored syrup, foamed milk and whipped cream, then topped with caramel sauce, the real stars are the marshmallows — chocolate chip marshmallows to be exact. Indulge yourself in the rich, sweet tastes of the season. You deserve it.
- It’s Back! All-Natural Turkey Chili: Warm up your day with a hearty bowl of Turkey Chili. Featuring our ground and pulled, dark roasted turkey raised without antibiotics, garbanzo and kidney beans, and a perfect blend of veggies and spices, it’s a delicious comfort food that’s sure to keep you going strong all winter long.
- It’s Back! Ham & Swiss Baked Egg Soufflé: Skip the cereal and treat yourself to a savory, freshly baked breakfast. Our Ham & Swiss Baked Egg Soufflé has returned and it’s a delicious way to start your winter mornings. Pair it with your favorite coffee drink and you’ll be well on your way to a great day.
- New! Mitten Cookie: Tis the season for holiday cheer, and our Mitten Cookie has it all. Full of holiday spirit, our newest shortbread cookie is freshly baked in a festive mitten-shape, then decorated with icing. Best of all? It tastes as sweet as it looks.
On Friday, December 12th, Krispy Kreme is once again celebrating 12-12 by offering a free dozen Original Glazed doughnuts with purchase of a dozen Original Glazed doughnuts:
Only once a year does a date come around so perfectly suited for a celebration of a golden dozen delicious treats. On 12-12-2014, join us in commemorating the Day of the Dozens with a FREE dozen Original Glazed® doughnuts with the purchase of a dozen Original Glazed doughnuts at participating Krispy Kreme US and Canadian locations.
New to the Popeyes menu is something we gave a sneak peak on early last month… it’s new Spicebox Chicken. This entree features thin strips of all white meat chicken marinated, fried and tossed in a 12 spice blend. Priced at $3.99 and include Cajun fries, a biscuit and Blackened Ranch Dipping Sauce. ***Just a side note, the description on the Popeyes website has this meal priced at $4.99.
Sonic’s latest promotion is another entry into the hot dog department with the new Cheesy Bacon Footlong. The Cheesy Bacon Footlong features a quarter pound footlong hot dog topped with cheddar cheese sauce and bacon in a warm bakery bun. Priced at $3.99 and combo’d with Tots (review).
I don’t need to write much of anything for you to have a good idea that the YUMBO Hot Ham & Cheese from Burger King is awful. It looks pretty bad doesn’t it? Burger King describes their YUMBO Hot Ham & Cheese like this:
YUMBO Hot Ham & Cheese features slices of savory black forest ham, topped with American cheese, crisp lettuce, and creamy mayo, all served heated on a toasted hoagie bun.
So besides having a stupid name, the YUMBO Hot Ham & Cheese has other qualities that make it a poor product. Considering the last two BK reviews, disappointment should be my expectation now… (see Four Cheese Whopper and Mushroom Swiss Big King). … continue reading “Review: YUMBO Hot Ham & Cheese from Burger King”
Starting today at Domino’s, order menu-priced pizzas online for 50% off. Promotion runs through Sunday, December 7th.
December’s Flavor of the Month at Baskin-Robbins is York Peppermint Pattie. This ice cream features mini York Peppermint Patties swirled in mint-flavored ice cream with a dark chocolate mint-flavored ribbon. Available in a layered sundae, milkshake or as a Cappuccino Blast. Participating Baskin-Robbins locations will have festive green and red waffle cones and upgrading to a waffle cone is free with a double scoop purchase.
New holiday ice cream cakes are also now available at participating Baskin-Robbins locations:
- Snowman Cake – An eye-catching dessert with a whimsical smile that is great for any holiday celebration
- Yule Log Roll Cake – A seasonal favorite that combines delicious ice cream and chocolate cake rolled together with white icing, topped with a holly leaf decoration and three red candles
- Rosette Mini Roll Cake – Made with beautiful rows of Rosettes available in your favorite color
- Happy Chanukah Cake – A festive blue and white cake decorated with a beautiful menorah that will light up guests’ faces with smiles
It’s back! … from 30-plus years ago. I don’t remember it, but some might. The YUMBO Hot Ham & Cheese from Burger King has made a return to the menu. It’s a part of the 2 for $5 Mix and Match deal which also includes the Original Chicken Sandwich, Big King, and Big Fish Sandwich.
The YUMBO Hot Ham & Cheese features slices of black forest ham, American cheese, lettuce, and mayo, served on a toasted hoagie bun. The original YUMBO from the 1970’s and 80’s was a lot smaller and served on a hamburger bun. Nutrition info: 490 calories, 24 grams of fat, 1770 milligrams of sodium, 23 grams of protein.