The Dunkin’ Donuts holiday drink menu this year includes two cookie-flavored choices… Sugar Cookie and Snickerdoodle Cookie.
New Sugar Cookie Lattes offer the traditional taste of frosted holiday sugar cookies, topped with festive red and green sugar, while Snickerdoodle Cookie Lattes bring together the sweet taste of sugar and spice of cinnamon, and are topped with real cinnamon. Both flavors are available in hot or iced coffees and lattes at participating Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants.
Dunkin’ Donuts has also brought back the Peppermint Mocha coffees and lattes as well as seasonal hot chocolates like Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate and S’mores.
While it’s definitely not pretty, I guess you could say the “Bowl” idea at KFC kind of works. You get a big base of mashed potatoes with various toppings piled on… grab your trusty spork and dig in. The latest is the Loaded Potato Bowl and it’s not too different from those that came before it.
The Loaded Potato Bowl features mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, hand-breaded and diced extra crispy chicken tenders, and topped with new bacon cheese sauce, green onions and a three cheese blend. It’s priced at $3.99 for the bowl alone or as a $5 Fill Up which comes with a chocolate chip cookie and a drink. … continue reading “Review: Loaded Potato Bowl from KFC”
Here’s a rundown of some of the Veterans Day food deals going on this year. If I missed any or you’d like to share a regional deal in your area, please leave details in the comments below.
- Applebee’s: Free entree for veterans and active duty military from the Veterans Day Menu.
- Bob Evans: Free All-You-Can-Eat Hotcakes for veterans and active military personnel
- Burger King:
- California Pizza Kitchen: Free entree for veterans and active duty military from the Veterans Day Menu.
- Chili’s: Free for veterans and active duty military, the Veterans Day Menu consists of: Oldtimer with Cheese, Grilled Chicken Salad, Chipotle Chicken or Margarita Chicken Fresh Mex Bowl, Sour Cream, Beef or Green Chile Enchiladas, Southwest Pairings-Pick 2, Any full size Flatbread, Any Lunch Combo, and Any Soup & Salad Combo.
- Denny’s: Active, non-active or retired military personnel, Free Build Your Own Grand Slam from 5am-noon.
- IHOP: Free Red, White and Blue pancakes from 7 am. to 7 pm at participating locations.
- Krispy Kreme: Veterans or active duty military personnel (no ID required), Free Doughnut (any variety) and a Small Coffee to all Veterans at participating Krispy Kreme locations. No purchase necessary. (link)
- Outback Steakhouse: Free Bloomin’ Onion and beverage (link)
- Red Lobster: Free select appetizer with military ID or proof of service through 11/13.
- Red Robin: All veterans and active-duty service members free Tavern Double burger with Bottomless Steak Fries. (link)
- Ruby Tuesday: Free appetizer (link)
- Starbucks: Veterans, active duty service members, and spouses— free tall (12 fl. oz) hot brewed coffee.
- Texas Roadhouse: Free lunch from the Veterans Day menu (link)
- TGIFriday’s: Free lunch for all vets and active duty military from 11am-2pm on select menu items. See restaurant for details.
Pizza Hut is about to go through a huge menu makeover and it’s happening Wednesday, November 19th. The title “The Flavor is Now” tops the new menu details with the promising line of, “Trust us, it’s worth the wait. 11.19.14″. The updates include new toppings, sauces, crust flavors, and sauce drizzles. Pizza is all about customization and the new-look Pizza Hut menu is focused on that. Take a look:
Let’s start with the 5 new toppings:
- Peruvian Cherry Peppers: Sweet and spicy peppers harvested from the highlands of Peru.
- Fresh Spinach: Crisp and sprinkled on top of the pizza as it comes out of the oven.
- Premium Salami: Cured and seasoned with a traditional Italian blend of red pepper, anise and fennel.
- Sliced Banana Peppers: Pickled and sliced to add a mild tang.
- Classic Meatballs: Seasoned pork and beef combined with onions, mushrooms and bread crumbs.
The 6 sauce choices to layer your pizza:
- Classic Marinara: Classic tomato. Robustly seasoned with garlic, black pepper and Italian herbs.
- Premium Crushed Tomato: Bright and slightly sweet. 100% vine-ripened California-grown tomatoes crushed and lightly seasoned with garlic and onion.
- Creamy Garlic Parmesan: Creamy and white. Combines Parmesan and Romano cheeses, butter and a hint of garlic.
- Honey Sriracha: Sweet heat. A fusion of real honey with intense red chilies.
- Barbeque: Sweet and smoky. Made with real honey and molasses.
- Buffalo: Spicy and bold. A classic medium Buffalo sauce.
… continue reading “All-New Menu Coming to Pizza Hut on November 19th”
The latest limited time offering at KFC is the new Loaded Potato Bowl (pretty similar to the Cheesy Bacon Bowl from a few years back). Priced at $5 with a cookie and drink as part of the $5 Fill Up menu, the Loaded Potato Bowl (review) features mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, hand-breaded and diced extra crispy chicken tenders, and topped with new bacon cheese sauce, green onions and a three cheese blend.
Also being promoted at KFC is the return of Festive Feast. Last year the Festive Feast was an 8-piece family meal which had a nationally advertised price of $19.99, this time around there’s no promoted price and a trio of size options. The Festive Feast comes with KFC’s new Pumpkin Cake, but the Double Chocolate Chip Cake is also available.
In episode 42 of The Nosh Show we discuss a new potato bowl from KFC, Lay’s Dark Chocolate Covered Chips, Taco Bell’s mobile ordering app and a bunch more. It’s a super-sized Nosh or Not episode so tune in to hear about the latest new products.
You can download the episode or subscribe to The Nosh Show on iTunes or Stitcher. Follow the show on Twitter and like us on Facebook. Thanks for listening!
The latest limited time offerings at Checkers/Rally’s don’t appear on the company website just yet, but they were posted on their Facebook page earlier this week. Not much to go on with lack of details or press releases… first up, new Grilled Cheese Strips.
This ain’t your mama’s grilled cheese! It won’t be here long, so get some while you can!
Also new to the menu are the $2 Chicken Slider and Fries Box in Classic or Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo flavor.
Try our new Chicken Slider & Fries box! They’re only available for a little while, and are truly freakin’ amazing.
On the burger side of things is the new Primetime Steakhouse Double for $1.99. This burger features two features two burger patties, Swiss cheese, grilled mushrooms and onions, served on a toasted Kaiser bun spread with Au Jus mayo.
On Monday, November 10th the Peppermint Chocolate Chip Milkshake from Chick-fil-A returns for another run at the holiday season. The Peppermint Chocolate Chip Milkshake features hand-spun Icedream blended with peppermint, chocolate chips and topped off with whipped cream and a cherry.
Steak ‘n Shake has a couple of new burgers on the menu and Holiday Milkshakes are back. First off let’s take a look at the new Cajun Double Steakburger. This double Steakburger patty burger features American cheese and Cajun sauce on a toasted bun topped with Cajun seasoning.
Next up is the All American Steakburger Melt which features two Steakburger with American cheese on grilled sourdough and topped with onion, pickle, ketchup and mustard.
Holiday Milkshakes are back for a limited time at Steak ‘n Shake. The regular cast of characters have returned… the Egg Nog, White Chocolate, and Peppermint Chocolate Chip Milkshake.
For a limited time only shredded pork Carnitas are back on the menu at Del Taco.
Slow cooked until tender in small batch kettles, this guest favorite will be a flavorful complement to Del Taco’s already fresh and delicious offerings, sure to tantalize the taste buds. Starting on November 6th, Del Taco Facebook fans can also receive a coupon for a free medium drink with any Epic Burrito purchase by visiting www.facebook.com/deltaco.
Here’s the rundown of Carnitas offerings which includes two new Epic Burritos:
- New Epic Carnitas Chipotle Burrito: combines Carnitas, seasoned black beans, fresca lime rice, really chipotle sauce, freshly-grated cheddar cheese and hand-chopped pico de gallo salsa
- New Epic Carnitas & Papas Burrito: combines Carnitas, crinkle-cut fries, hand-chopped pico de gallo salsa, fresh sour cream and creamy guacamole
- CarnitasTaco al Carbon: features Carnitas, zesty California chile sauce, hand-chopped onions and cilantro in two corn tortillas
- Carnitas Combo Burrito: features slow-cooked beans, Carnitas, signature fire-roasted green sauce and freshly-grated cheddar cheese
- Carnitas Loaded Fries: features crinkle-cut fries topped with Carnitas, freshly-grated cheddar cheese, Del Taco’s secret sauce, hand-chopped onions and cilantro
For a limited time only, participating Arby’s locations are celebrating steak. The Angus Philly and Angus Three Cheese & Bacon sandwiches are back… and the newcomer to the bunch is the Montreal Angus and Portabella. 590 calories, 28 grams of fat, 2070 milligrams of sodium, 38 grams of protein
Melted Vermont cheddar over layered Angus steak, topped with caramelized onions, portabella mushrooms and garlic aioli sauce on a toasted sub. Very good steak on very good sandwich.
Any new variety of the Whopper sandwich from Burger King deserves a taste. The iconic Whopper has seen its fair share of makeovers throughout the years and the latest simply goes with more cheese to try to stand out. The new Four Cheese Whopper is now available for a limited time and it’s time to take a closer look to see if more cheese equals a better BK burger experience.
The Four Cheese Whopper is described by Burger King like this:
The Four Cheese Whopper features a 1/4 lb. of savory fire grilled beef, melted American cheese, a creamy three cheese blend, cheddar sauce, freshly cut lettuce, juicy tomatoes, and onion. All served on a warm toasted sesame seed bun.
At a price of $4.99 for the burger alone, the Four Cheese Whopper was 80-cents more than a standard Whopper without cheese. I have a hard time as it is paying around 5-bucks for a single item at a fast food place. Even harder when there are so many better choices on their value menu. Since all that extra cheese didn’t improve upon the original Whopper, I found the price to be an issue. … continue reading “Review: Four Cheese Whopper from Burger King”