In episode 104 of The Nosh Show, we discuss new Pepsi Fire, Strawberry Cupcake Toaster Strudels, a bunch of new Oreos and much more.Subscribe to The Nosh Show on iTunes or Stitcher. Follow the show on Twitter and like us on Facebook. Thanks for listening!
Wienerschnitzel is celebrating Mother’s Day by offering a free chili dog, small fries and drink to all the moms out there. Offer valid Sunday, May 14th at participating Wienerschnitzels only.
The latest from Steak ‘n Shake won’t take as much commitment as the 7×7, but it’s still impressive. The new Bacon ‘n Cheese Triple Xtreme Steakburger features three 100% beef steakburger patties, two slices of American cheese, and nine half slices of Steak ‘n Shake’s new ultra premium hardwood-smoked bacon on a toasted bun. Priced at $7.99 and served with fries.Also featured on the Steak ‘n Shake menu are a couple of new milkshakes:
- KIT KAT® Milkshake: Our hand-dipped milkshake is blended with plenty of crunchy, chocolatey KIT KAT® pieces and topped with whipped cream and a cherry. Priced at $3.69.
- Strawberry Cheesecake Milkshake: Real strawberries and cheesecake pieces blended into our hand-dipped milkshake create a decadently creamy dessert! Topped with whipped cream and a cherry. Priced at $3.69.
If you missed out on Burger King’s Mac n’ Cheetos last summer, you’ve got another chance coming next week. Beginning Thursday, May 18th, Mac n’ Cheetos will be back on the menu for a limited time. Check out our review from last year.
If the Baby Back Rib Burger isn’t your thing, Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s have a new option with the new Jalapeño Double Cheeseburger. The Jalapeño Double Cheeseburger features two charbroiled beef patties, jalapeño coins, two slices of Pepper Jack cheese, Santa Fe Sauce, lettuce and tomato on a classic-style bun. The Jalapeño Double Cheeseburger is available at both Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s for $2.49, and as a combo meal with fries and a drink for $4.99; prices may vary by location.
- Carl’s Jr. Jalapeño Double Cheeseburger – 580 calories, 39 grams of fat, 13 grams of saturated fat, 85 milligrams of cholesterol, 1200 milligrams of sodium, 36 grams of carbs, 3 grams of fiber, 7 grams of sugar, 22 grams of protein
- Hardee’s Jalapeño Double Cheeseburger – 510 calories, 33 grams of fat, 12 grams of saturated fat, 80 milligrams of cholesterol, 950 milligrams of sodium, 33 grams of carbs, 2 grams of fiber, 7 grams of sugar, 22 grams of protein
The Sweet & Spicy Bacon Burger from Whataburger was first introduced in 2015 as a limited time only offering. The Sweet & Spicy Bacon Burger is now back by popular demand and has a permanent place on the All-Time Favorites menu. If you’re not familiar, the Sweet & Spicy Bacon Burger is made up of two beef patties, bacon, grilled onions, Monterey Jack and American cheese, Whataburger’s Original Mustard and Whataburger’s Sweet & Spicy Pepper Sauce on a five-inch toasted bun. The Sweet & Spicy Bacon Burger clocks in at nearly a pound (392 grams) and will set you back 1080 calories, 62 grams of fat (23 saturated), 2310 milligrams of sodium, 69 grams of carbs, and 60 grams of protein.
For a limited time, Wienerschnitzel will be promoting new Chicken Schnitzel Sandwiches. The new sandwiches will be available through June 25th and will come in three choices:
- The Classic Ranch: Ranch dressing, four pickle chips, a slice of tomato and lettuce, suggested price $3.49.
- The Barbecue Bacon: American cheese, two slices of bacon, barbecue sauce and grilled onions, suggested price $3.99.
- The Blazing Bacon Guacamole: Guacamole, bacon, lettuce, tomato and Blazin’ Ranch sauce made with Wienerschnitzel’s signature Blazin’ Sauce, which has red jalapeños and garlic as the main flavoring agents. Suggested price $4.49.
I came across new Smokehouse Boneless Wings today in New Market, Maryland. This isn’t on the Popeyes website so I’m not sure if I found a test market item or early new release. Here’s a look at the promo image anyway. Priced at $5.99 for 6 Smokehouse Boneless Wings, a side, biscuit, and Rajun’ Cajun BBQ Ranch dipping sauce. Yes I bought it and I’ll post my review later this week.
For a limited time only, Long John Silver’s is once again offering their one piece Fish & Fries deal for the promo price of $1.99. This combo features wild-caught Alaskan whitefish and a serving of natural-cut fries. Participating Long John Silver’s only. Does not include Cod.
May’s Flavor of the Month at Baskin-Robbins is Mom’s Makin’ Cookies. This is a returning flavor that was first introduced in May of 2014.
Mom’s secret recipe of brown sugar flavored ice cream filled with chocolate chip cookie pieces, chocolate flavored chips, and a delicious cookie dough batter flavored ribbon.
Get corn dogs at Sonic for 50 cents each all day on Thursday, May 4th. Tax not included. Offer valid only on May 4, 2017, at participating SONIC® Drive-In locations while supplies last. Not good in conjunction with combos or any other offers.
I wasn’t able to get my hands on a Unicorn Frappuccino, so I’ll likely just settle for the new Midnight Mint Mocha Frappuccino from Starbucks. The new Midnight Mint Mocha Frappuccino features scoops of extra dark cocoa blended with coffee, milk, and ice, infused with mint sugar crystals, a layer of whipped cream in the center, and topped with more whipped cream with a dusting of dark cocoa.Returning to the Starbucks menu is the S’mores Frappuccino which features a blend of milk chocolate, coffee, milk and ice, plus marshmallow-infused whipped cream and a ribbon of milk chocolate fudge. The S’mores Frappuccino is topped with more marshmallow whipped cream and graham cracker crumbles.
To promote the newest Frappuccino and the return of a popular favorite, Starbucks Happy Hour will be returning on May 5th. From May 5 to 14, all Frappuccinos are half off from 3-6pm at participating locations.