New McGriddles French Toast from McDonald’s

Introducing new McGriddles French Toast from McDonald’s.  This isn’t a national menu item currently, so big thanks to GrubGrade reader Chris for reaching out to share a pic from his local McDonald’s menu board in St. Cloud, MN.  Priced at $3.99 for the sandwich alone and it clocks in at 650 calories.  I was very late to the McGriddles experience, but here’s my review of the original McGriddles trio.

9 comments on “New McGriddles French Toast from McDonald’s

1. Dan says:

Do my eyes deceive me or does that have bacon AND sausage in the pic?

2. Chris says:

Hey guys, I did end up trying it and while I think $4 is steep for it, I did enjoy the sandwich. The outside was pretty tasty and it didn’t leave a gritty feeling on my teeth the way regular McGriddles do.

• Megan says:

Have you seen it anywhere else in MN?

• Bubbsy says:

Interesting – most people don’t seem to know what I’m talking about when I tell them about the ‘mouth feel’ I’m left with after eating McGiggles. (It’s like oily & gritty at the same time). Yes I still eat them again.

3. Anne Sutton says:

That looks so good, but why did they go with the egg from the McMuffin? I would prefer the egg they use in the biscuits personally. Does anyone else feel this way?

• Matt says:

I feel the opposite. I would rather have the egg from the Mcmiffin as it is made fresh versus the scrambled egg patty.

• Brad says:

I agree 100%. I will try it, as I am in Minneapolis. But I’m asking them to sub in the biscuit egg, as I don’t like the McMuffin eggs.

• ahecht says:

I always ask them to use the round egg instead of the folded egg when I order a McGriddle. It actually tastes like egg.