New Jalapeño King and Jalapeño Spicy Crispy Chicken Sandwich from Burger King

New at Burger King and now available for a limited time only is the Jalapeño King and the Jalapeño Spicy Crispy Chicken Sandwich.  Available at participating Burger King locations.The Jalapeño King features two flamed-grilled beef patties topped with thick-cut smoked bacon, pepper jack cheese jalapeños and a creamy green chili aioli on a toasted sesame seed bun.  The burger boasts over a half pound of beef and will set you back 990 calories, 65 grams of fat, 24 grams of saturated fat, 1550 milligrams of sodium, 46 grams of carbs, 2 grams of fiber, 7 grams of sugar, and 55 grams of protein.The Spicy Crispy Jalapeno Chicken Sandwich is made with 100% white meat seasoned chicken filet with a spicy breading topped with hick-cut smoked bacon, pepper jack cheese, jalapenos, and a creamy green chili aioli on a toasted potato bun.  This sandwich clocks in at 760 calories, 45 grams of fat, 11 grams of saturated fat, 1720 milligrams of sodium, 58 grams of carbs, 3 grams of fiber, 8 grams of sugar, and 32 grams of protein.

7 comments on “New Jalapeño King and Jalapeño Spicy Crispy Chicken Sandwich from Burger King

1. BigBelly says:

The chicken sandwich sounds pretty good, might have to give it a try.

2. Bubbsy says:

I like fresh jalapenos very much, the spicy fresh crunch… These sandwiches, unfortunately, just have those pickled jalapenos from a can – which ruin everything they’re put in with that sour vinegar punch. One of our local brewpubs take the time to make a beer-cheese soup in-house, and they make it with love and care, using their excellent beer, some fancy cheddar and real cream in the base, …. and then they add handfuls of pickled jalapenos instead of fresh, which completely overpowers the soup with that cheap canned vinegar taste. Travesty.
    /rant complete

• Robert says:

Fresh jalapenos are way, way too spicy for a fast food menu item. Most people prefer pickled, I know I do. And they often come out of a jar, not a can, but regardless I don’t know what “canned vinegar” taste you’re referring to.

• BigBelly says:

Jar or a can, it’s pretty much semantics, they’re still pickled with vinegar, and that ends up being the predominant flavor rather then the heat and the meat.
        The descriptor “canned vinegar taste” could also refer to a can that’s been opened and the peppers allowed to sit in there for awhile afterward, they pick up a metallic taste that’s even more unpleasant.

A new ramen house opened last week near me, I was excited to try it, and ordered mine 1 level below their max heat. What was billed as a pork bone & soy based broth was completely destroyed by what must have been a bottle of hot sauce dumped in. While I appreciated the heat, vinegar crashed the party and had a sour rager, I won’t be back.
        I’d like to see fresh ones diced for fast food menus, give the customer a choice as to how much, call it warm/hot/spicy, or some other gimmicky name, but do it like a 1/2 teaspoon, 1 teaspoon, or 1 tablespoon for those that really like it hot.

• Scram says:

Agreed, Robert. I love jalapenos that come out of a jar. In fact, a local diner where I eat all the time has a jalapeno infused bacon double cheeseburger, with pickled jalapenos on it. I love it. Freddy’s Steakburgers now has a LTO of their Jalapeno Double Steakburger, with pickled jalapenos, and it is great. The only fast food place I know that does fresh chopped jalapenos is Arby’s, and I usually get them to add them to a turkey sandwich I always get there. It is really good as well.

• BigBelly says:

Good call, pickled jalapenos are a deal breaker. Pretty deceptive picture, as green as they are, they sure looked fresh.