Early last year, Taco Bell introduced us to the Naked Chicken Chalupa (review).  On Thursday, May 10th, the Naked Chicken Chalupa is back and along with it is the new Wilder Naked Chicken Chalupa which features a new “bold, smoky” Wild Sauce.  The original Naked Chicken Chalupa features an all-white meat crispy chicken shell seasoned with Mexican spices and is filled with Shredded lettuce, tomatoes, cheddar cheese and avocado ranch sauce.  Taco Bell’s Wilder Naked Chicken Chalupa subs out the avocado ranch for the new Wild Sauce.  Both are priced at $2.99 a la carte or in a $5 Box combo’d with a Doritos Locos Taco (review), a Crunchy Taco, and a medium drink.

19 comments on “New Wilder Naked Chicken Chalupa Comes to Taco Bell on May 10 with new Wild Sauce

1. Johnnyboy says:

Finally a new reason to go to Taco Bell! This is totally overpriced even as the “box” though, I just wish they’d throw in some cinnamon twists or something because I don’t want to pay $5 for a meal and not even be full LOL! I can get 4 for $4 at Wendy’s and at least get some dessert included. What’s with TB calling this a “combo” if all you get is a few tacos and a tiny drink?

2. Johnnyboy says:

That’s right Johnnyboy. TB be playing us son, we need an extra gordita and chalupa to call this a combo. We should be getting at least 4 tacos/burritos with every box and a free drink and free yello nacho cheese.

3. Martin-L says:

Looks good. And happy to see Johnnyboy agrees with Johnnyboy!

4. Robert says:

This was SO GOOD. I don’t care if they changed it, glad to see it back.

5. BigBelly says:

I didn’t care for these the first time, won’t be ordering again. I am looking forward to the french toast chalupa though

6. Dan says:

I wonder if this “Wild Sauce” will actually be the Lava Sauce in disguise?

7. xam says:

Congratulations Taco Bell on being named America’s favorite Mexican restaurant!

8. JP says:

Yawn…..still waiting on lava sauce and mango strawberry fruitistas.

9. Joe says:

Smoky is definitely not how I’d describe the wild sauce. It has some kick to it, though.

The TB I visited in OH doesn’t have the original version w/ avocado ranch, but they had one with nacho cheese.

10. Michael Creech says:

I wanna get wild with Johnnyboy! Woooooooo Woooooooooooo!

11. Mark says:

I’m not going to try this, but $5 for three item box seems fine. What annoys me is how they keep changing the cravings deal. The original deal was awesome, then they dropped the burito supreme for a beefy 5 layer (fine with me cus I always got no lettuce or tomato on the burrito anyway), then they dropped the nachos for cinnamon twists, now the cheesy gordita crunch for a plain old chalupa. It’s just not a good deal anymore.

12. Ryan D says:

Some thing, they have a Mild and Wild version. This was a bad naming decision because trying to order this in the drive-thru was tough. They kept thinking I said Mild, I was yelling Mild, finally had to drive to the window to order. Also, all of the tomatoes where on the outside of my taco, lol.

13. Russ says:

I was not a fan of the wild sauce. It wasn’t spicy forme, but just added a weird taste in my opinion. I’ll stick to the mild.

14. Mikey Baby says:

I loved the spicy one (my stomach afterwards, did not). I agree it’s quite a problem for the cashiers to understand wild vs mild.

15. bbb says:

meh. did not like the wild sauce. bring back lava and baja sauce!

16. Stephen M. says:

I agree on the Wild sauce. Not “wild” and not good tasting. Totally on board with bringing back Lava and Baja sauces, even as LTOs.

17. OlderThanTime says:

Don’t know about ‘wild’, but this was one of the best things I’ve ever eaten!