New Southwest Avocado Chicken Sandwich from Wendy’s

Along with the salad version, Wendy’s has also introduced the Southwest Avocado Chicken Sandwich.  The sandwich features a breaded spicy chicken fillet topped with pepper jack cheese, southwest ranch, lettuce, tomato, applewood smoked bacon and avocado on a premium bun.  Wendy’s Southwest Avocado Chicken Sandwich is available for a limited time for a suggested price of $5.79.The sandwich will set you back 690 calories, 34 grams of fat, 9 grams of saturated fat, 1480 milligrams of sodium, 57 grams of carbs, 6 grams of sugar, 6 grams of fiber, and 38 grams of protein.

14 comments on “New Southwest Avocado Chicken Sandwich from Wendy’s

1. Popwar says:

Wendy’s needs this on the perm menu. Had it few days ago. They forgot the avocado but was Still good.

2. Johnnyboy says:

Finally!! Something new…just had their 2 for $6 deal, best in the business! 2 spicy chicken sandwiches!!!

3. BigBelly says:

It looks/sounds real good, I read you can get it with the Homestyle or grilled filet also, if you don’t want to much spice. Personally, I’d like to see them offer those fresh diced jalapenos as a option for this

And on the drink front, there’s a new limeade

• Peter says:

Yes, that’s always the case with Wendy’s chicken sandwiches — you can choose which of the three chicken filets you’d like

4. Evan says:

Had this the other day, my Wendys had it priced at like 6.39 for just the sandwich which is a little too pricey but it looked really good. I thought overall it was a solid and filling sandwich, but idk there was just something that felt slightly off. Like all the flavors didn’t go well together. The sauce was great and had a nice kick to it, I actually think the avocado/guac was throwing this off for me. Mine had a lot of guac and barely any sauce. Everything else was standard Wendys, so overall I probably wouldn’t get it again but it’s not bad.

I much prefer the asiago chicken sandwich over this.

5. Johnnyboy says:

I like my chicken sandwiches how I like my men. Hot, white, and spicy. Looks like I’ll be trying this real soon!

6. David says:

It looks good, but you can get 2 Spicy chicken or homestyle chicken sandwiches for 6 dollars and I’d rather just go for that then pay 6 dollars for one chicken sandwich of comparable size.

7. Yum gal says:

I had this and really liked it. Spicy but not too hot. Unfortunately they did not include the avocado. I’d like to see this become a permanent menu item.

8. Yum gal says:

Also the limeade is excellent. Strong and tart

9. Teeks says:

Nothing will beat the jalapeño quest sandwhich they had over the summer I was so obsessed with that one

• doctorx0079 says:

Do you mean the Jalapeño Fresca with the ghost pepper sauce? That about burned my mouth out. All I could taste was hot.

10. BigBelly says:

This is a decent sandwich, it’s not really spicy at all, but the quality of the gaucamole surprised me, it had some nice chunks in it

11. Elliott Mackle says:

Talk about bland, I mistakenly thought this mess would be good andd tried one last week. There was almost no flavor at all, or noticeable spice level.