Sonic Introduces New Sonic Signature Slingers

New to the Sonic menu are a duo of burgers called Sonic Signature Slingers with the tagline, “All of the cheeseburger flavor, none of the guilt.”  The burger patty descriptions say they are made with 3 ingredients: 100% pure beef blended with savory mushrooms and bold seasonings.  Starting at 340 calories, your options are the Classic priced at $1.99 and the Bacon Melt priced at $2.49.  The Classic Sonic Signature Slinger (340 calories) features 100% pure beef blended with mushrooms and seasonings, lettuce, tomato, crinkle cut dill pickles, mayo and cheese on a brioche slider roll.  The Bacon Melt Sonic Signature Slinger (420 calories) features 100% pure beef blended with mushrooms and seasonings, cheese, bacon and mayo on a brioche slider roll.

11 comments on “Sonic Introduces New Sonic Signature Slingers

1. ahecht says:

So you take a lower-calorie patty and pair it with mayo, cheese, and brioche? What’s the point? I doubt most of the calories were coming from the meat in the first place.

2. Johnnyboy says:

WOW! Everyone is copying White Castle’s style. There is one or two Sonic around my way but they offer ghetto service, so I avoid. I only had SONIC 2 times in North Carolina. Looks tasty and the price is not bad at all.

• Stilletkniv says:

For anyone interested – these are nothing at all like White Castle sliders… not the bun, not the burger, not the toppings, not they way they cook, not the way they taste. Not sure what this guy is saying.

3. Clint says:

I would like to formally invite Ellie Kemper to a romantic and sexually charged evening of Slingers and Shakes at the Sonic drive-thru. She is free to bring her husband and children or whatever she thinks is most appropriate.

4. BigBelly says:

We’re getting a Sonic at the new mall this summer, right across from the new In n Out burger they just built. They also put a Habit Burger https://www.habitburger.com/charburger/ in the same mall, and I think they have them both beat, great charred taste like BK used to have & excellent sides.

• doctorx0079 says:

Not over here in fly-over country. Down in Tennessee there is Cook-Out but they get mixed reviews. The best way to get a charred burger the way you like is to break out the grill, as always.

5. David says:

While I love Sonic, A mushroom infused burger sounds absolutely disgusting. Just make your regular burger and shrink it into slider size.. It’s not really that complicated.

6. CulinaryZerg says:

So are these burgers low-cal because the patty is actually significantly lower calorie or because they are SMALL? Looks slider size and even Sonic’s Jr size burger is only 330 calories because it’s smaller. Superficial marketing gimmick or legit better for you?

7. Buttlug says:

I like cheese and think this is cheese-scrumptious

8. bobo says:

I do know a guy that likes mushroom burgers. I’ll pass tho. Besides, Sonic has one of the worst bun to patty ratios and slider copies are always bad at that too.