New Smoky Mushroom Bacon Cheeseburger from Wendy’s

Wendy’s has dabbled with mushrooms and cheeseburgers in the past… see here and here… the latest is a new entry and it’s called the Smoky Mushroom Bacon Cheeseburger.  The new burger has a suggested price of $4.99 and features a quarter-pound beef topped with smoky portabella mushrooms, smoky mushroom aioli, crispy fried onions, Asiago cheese, and three strips of Applewood-smoked bacon, on a toasted bakery bun.  There’s also the option of a Smoky Mushroom Baked Potato ($2.99 srp).  Available for a limited time only. Nutrition-wise you’re looking at 760 calories, 49 grams of fat, 15 grams of saturated fat, 1310 milligrams of sodium, 46 grams of carbs, 6 grams of sugar, 4 grams of fiber, and 36 grams of protein.

9 comments on “New Smoky Mushroom Bacon Cheeseburger from Wendy’s

1. M-Logan says:

Had this last week here in StL and it was VERY good indeed.

2. Sascha says:

I had the same problem with this Burger that I had with the baconator when I compared that to the bacon King and Baconzilla. First off, it’s a really good sandwich, everything works well together, and it’s nice not to see Swiss. But, and maybe this is just a problem at my local store, the beef needed seasoning. Just a little salt and pepper, and it feels like Wendy’s adds none.

3. DAVO ARMANIAN says:

I love me some Wendy’s bacon, the next best thing to my man’s bacon. my hubby has great bacon too. I would like to put some melty yellow cake cheese on this. he has some of his good special cheese too that I like.

4. M-Logan says:

—— cannot determine if that was meant to be dirty or not.

5. David says:

Take your trolling elsewhere Davo…

6. BigBelly says:

My dining companion says this was good, with a distinct portabella taste, and not to much smoke flavoring. It would have been really good if the bacon was crisper (my SOB suffered from this also).