McDonald’s Szechuan Sauce Returns

There are 20 million Szechuan Sauce cups now available nationwide.  Let the panic begin!  Available with qualifying purchase while supplies last.

18 comments on “McDonald’s Szechuan Sauce Returns

1. doctorx0079 says:

FIRST!!

“Rick Sanchez: I want that Mulan McNugget sauce, Morty! That’s my series arc, Morty.

Morty Smith: What the hell?

Rick Sanchez: If it takes nine seasons, I want my McNugget dipping sauce, Szechuan sauce, Morty.

Morty Smith: What are you talking about, Rick?

Rick Sanchez: That’s what’s gonna take us all the way to the end, Morty. Season – Nine more seasons, Morty. Nine more seasons until I get that dipping Szechuan sauce. What is that? For 97 more years, Morty! I want that McNugget sauce, Morty.”

2. doctorx0079 says:

Please patiently check back at your local McDonald’s until they get their shipment, not more than once a week. Please do not yell at your local McDonald’s crew members. THEY’RE DOING THE BEST THEY CAN. 😉

3. jjohn says:

It tastes like I’m eating chines chicken,I like it

4. JohnnyBoy says:

This is just their sweet & sour sauce with a new label. I don’t understand all the sheep lining up just to try a “new” sauce. Hey McDonalds – when are you going to actually give us something new instead of just slapping a new name on old crap to generate hype?

• Chrissy says:

No it’s not, I don’t like sweet and sour sauce, definitely not the same, nothing like it actually. However, you can buy Szechuan sauce at the grocery store that is as good or better.

• doctorx0079 says:

But, the crucial hipster demographic wants stupid old crap. Didn’t ya know?

• ahecht says:

Have you tasted it? It’s not sweet and sour sauce, it’s more like teriyaki. Much less sweet and no sour.

• doctorx0079 says:

It tastes just like grocery store hoisin sauce with no hot pepper. You can make sauce at home better than this. It’s basically corn syrup and soy sauce with some garlic and stuff.

5. Johnnyboy says:

Damn….I forgot to ask for this today. I tried their 2 piece tenders for $2 and had the HOT MUSTARD…which is my favorite all time sauce. I guess I will try to find them tonight at the same McDonald’s and keep you all posted.

6. BBB says:

Like most fast food LTO’s that come out I get super excited about them and they almost always disappoint. This didn’t taste much different than store bought teriyaki sauce to me. Definitely didn’t live up to the hype. 6/10. I’ll trade all these LTO’s if Taco Bell would just bring back the Chili Cheese Burrito!!

• Dan says:

TB already has the ingredients for the Chili Cheese Burrito. Even though it’s not listed on the menu (or in the app), you can still order them. Up until recently my local TB didn’t have them on the menu but didn’t have any problem selling them to me when I ordered them.

7. nimakdm says:

And yet I still can’t find hot mustard in Chicagoland.

8. surfkitty says:

Had some yesterday, never tried the sauce before, it’s pretty tasty but not really worth going nutty over. Menu though … they had a 10 pack of McNuggets for $7.19 and a 20 pack (really two 10 packs) for $5 on their value menu, what’s up with that? LOL

9. Johnnyboy says:

I went by there earlier this week to get this sauce and got a 2 piece tender and asked for Szechuan sauce, but the Spanish lady in drive thru must have heard something else and when I looked inside the bag, it was Signature sauce. So I went to another one today and got something else and asked at the 2nd window and got one. He asked how many I wanted and I said just 1. I should have asked for like 10. It felt like I won a gold ring or a a Powerball winning jackpot ticket. Anyways, I will savor this Szechuan sauce later this weekend and let you know about it in my next rant.

10. ahecht says:

I just wish they’d bring back Honey Sauce chainwide. It’s on the website and in the app, but I haven’t seen it actually offered in a store in 15 years.

• doctorx0079 says:

What you do is, heat equal parts of honey and water in a saucepan. Stir it until it starts boiling and then turn off the heat and let is cool. Ta da, honey syrup, or Honey Sauce!

11. Sethonious says:

I thought this was great. This would be my go to sauce if it were not an LTO. I am usually a BBQ or Sweet and Sour guy and every once in a while I mix it up with Honey Mustard. It had ginger, garlic, soy and a chili punch that was mild enough to please the masses. I might order more nuggets if this was regularly on the menu. Solidly an 8.5/10 in my book.