Ghost Pepper Wings are Back at Popeyes

For a limited time only, Popeyes is once again featuring Ghost Pepper Wings.  Ghost Pepper Wings were first introduced a few years ago in December.  Priced at $4.99 for five wings, a buttermilk biscuit and a dipping sauce.  Here’s how they’re described:

Capturing the flavor of the elusive ghost pepper, Popeyes Bonafide® wings are marinated for 12-hours in an exotic blend of peppers, taking the intense flavor all the way to the bone. Then our tender, juicy, bone-in chicken wingettes and drumettes are battered and breaded in a southern style crispy coating and fried up fresh.

7 comments on “Ghost Pepper Wings are Back at Popeyes

1. Sandy says:

Yum! But, true ghost pepper is seriously hot and I don’t think it will be that hot because the masses have a sad, low tolerance for heat.

• JP says:

Exactly, I was lucky enough to get a bag of ghost peppers for Christmas and promptly ate one whole. Definitely spicy. Sadly Fast Food never seems to deliver as they’re always trying to appeal to the masses. Last spicy thing I think I had at a Fast Food joint was probably the Volcano tacos or nachos from Tbell. Damn I miss lava sauce.

2. Anderssen Copper says:

I tried these, and although they were decent, mine didn’t come with any side or a sauce. So it’s 5 bone-in wings + biscuit. I think the combo with a side and drink was $7.

• Barnaby says:

There is no mention of an extra side item in addition to the biscuit, it comes as described here, not sure what you’re correcting. And it comes with a dipping sauce of your choice.

• Anderssen Copper says:

Not correcting anything, I was just surprised as it’s the first time I’ve had a Popeye’s “box” deal didn’t have a side. They didn’t give me any option for a sauce. Not sure if it was a mistake, or their own policy.

3. Jon says:

I think it’s six , not five wings for $4.99.