Wendy’s Promotes $5 Chicken Tenders Combo

The Giant JBC $5 Meal from Wendy’s was a big hit with me.  Next in line is the new $5 Chicken Tenders Combo which features three chicken tenders, small fries and a small drink. Wendy’s Chicken Tenders are made from 100% all-white meat chicken breasts that are lightly breaded and seasoned with simple ingredients and no artificial flavors.  The Chicken Tenders come with the signature Side of S’Awesome sauce which combines tangy, sweet, and smoky flavors into one. Wendy’s Chicken Tenders can also be purchased separately — three tenders, four tenders or in a Wendy’s Kids Meal.  Available for a limited time at participating locations.  Three Chicken Tenders will set you back 300 calories, 14 grams of fat, 920 milligrams of sodium, 20 grams of carbs, and 22 grams of protein.

11 comments on “Wendy’s Promotes $5 Chicken Tenders Combo

1. Richard Ginn says:

I say the tenders are on the small side.

2. mike says:

I had these tonight worst tenders i ever had very small tasted like cooked in
    microwave.

• Sarah says:

Yeah I had these and they were bad…dry and literally flavorless. Like having those awful Boston market oven baked tenders. Yuck!

3. Sandy says:

Compared to the Giant JBC meal this one doesn’t seem like that great of deal. Three tenders, small fries and small drink for $5. Yawn. I think the kids meal is the exact same stuff for dollars less.

• RayRay says:

I agree. It trades the GJBC (2 beef patties, 2 cheese slices, 4 strips of bacon) and 4 chicken nuggets for 3 chicken strips. That doesn’t sound like an even trade to me.

4. CulinaryZerg says:

Are these like their old tenders from many years ago? Those were tasty, tiny, and horribly overpriced.

5. Cc says:

They told me they don’t swap out items anymore. I wanted chili instead of fries and they said I had to be upsold to chili fries instead. I didn’t want fries so I just left. 🙁

I thought the whole thing with Wendy’s was you could swap out parts of combos. I guess not anymore…

6. Dean says:

These were horrendous today. They were smaller than expected (slightly larger than a nugget) and incredibly dry. On one tender, the breading was peeling off.

7. Johnnyboy says:

I am looking at the picture and it doesn’t look appealing. Usually everything at Wendy’s is appealing, even fake chicken nuggets. I was thinking these would taste like them. I didn’t try them, but according to comments, I will try the other $5 JBCB combo first. I assume these tenders are worse than McDonalds and that’s saying a lot.

8. ACS says:

These were not good at all.. not getting them again.

9. Hoss says:

Tied these the other day since I’m a sucker for new dipping sauces and now everyone is trying to top KFC with their finger lickin good sauce. This was a much better attempt at the sauce than McDonald’s new signature sauce, and my tenders were fresh and juicy, nothing special though. Still much better than McDonald’s who even though I was starving I threw half of them away.