New Sourdough King from Burger King

Thanks to GrubGrade reader Dave for the news that his local Burger King in northeast Ohio has been offering the new Sourdough King since last week.  We’ll keep you posted if/when this goes national.

It’s available as a single or double patty – for $4.99 / $5.99 respectively. It’s a basic patty melt burger – tangy sauce (possibly the same as the Big King), two slices of American, onions,  and what is likely a Whopper patty.

Looks like they forgot to toast Dave’s bread.  Very different from the promo pic above.

7 comments on “New Sourdough King from Burger King

1. Mark says:

Man this reminds me of the Shaq Pack burger they had like 15 years ago. Was amazing, Burger King has really gone down in quality over the years. They really messed it up for this guy.

2. Johnnyboy says:

Can’t wait to try this. Sourdough is my favorite bread and bun for a hamburger.

3. M-Logan says:

It’s amazing how “less good” the real thing looks, compared to that pic. Sad, because this would have the potential to be my favorite thing at BK. I did have a Rodeo King earlier this week, and it was good and very filling. AS IT SHOULD BE at almost 10 bucks for it and a soda, not even a combo.

4. MIke R says:

Definitely a good idea in theory, we’ll see how well it’s actually executed. I love a patty melt, so I’ll give it a try.

5. Kristina says:

That untoasted sourdough bun is just sad. It makes me want to rewind ten years and go back to eat at Burger King when it was still good.

6. Steve Angst says:

Just had mine tonight. Looked like it was on untoasted white bread, not grilled or circular like it shows. Sucked for $9