Sonic Promotes $2.99 Carhop Classic Deal

The latest limited promo at Sonic is The Carhop Classic.  Priced at $2.99 all day, The Carhop Classic comes with a Sonic Cheeseburger and a medium-sized order of Handmade Onion Rings.  Sonic menu descriptions:

• Sonic Cheeseburger – What you see is what you get. Melty American cheese, crinkle-cut pickles, chopped onions, fresh shredded lettuce & ripe tomatoes on a perfectly seasoned, 100% pure beef patty with your choice of mustard, mayo or ketchup. Straightforward and tasty, just the way it should be. (800 calories)
  • Handmade Onion Rings – There’s really nothing better than SONIC’s crispy, handmade onion rings (590 calories)

9 comments on “Sonic Promotes $2.99 Carhop Classic Deal

1. Chris says:

I would say that’s the best deal, but sonic charges for water, so you’re still out almost four dollars with tax.

On the other hand I had a couple of sliders at Arby’s at two yesterday, and at $2.29 (with water), that was a pretty good deal.

Yes, I know I’m cheap. I don’t need a soda at every turn, and I get enough calories as it is.

2. Doug says:

800 calories? I assume that’s with mayo. Big Mac tops out at 540 calories. Why do McDonald’s burger tend to be on the lower calorie side compared to other fast food I wonder…

• Robert says:

730 calories – with mustard
      750 calories – with ketchup
      780 calories – with mayo
      800 calories – with all three.

I also don’t know why it has so many calories, considering how skimpy (and just underwhelming) Sonic burgers taste. I mean, that’s how many calories a Culver’s double deluxe has. And there’s just no comparison in quality. It’s way beefier, too.

3. Doug says:

1390 calories… was it worth it?

4. chris says:

I was there for happy hour today and got it as an impulsive buy. This is a good deal for $3.00 plus tax. I’d forgotten or they’ve gotten better. Sonic burgers aren’t so bad.

The onion rings at sonic are pretty good, and usually cost $2.00 plus alone. I have been rash. that and two large slushes at happy hour was only $6.00 today. Good deal! Hope everyone has a great week!

• doctorx0079 says:

Every time I had a burger at Sonic it was overly salty and dry as a bone. Maybe I should give them another chance?

• Chris says:

Maybe. I just had another one for lunch today. Brought my own drink so it was only $3.29. It’s the best deal in FF right now if you ask me. Ordinarily that would run $7.00 with tax.

5. boridi says:

The Big Mac isn’t a quarter pound of meat like this one.

6. Zman73 says:

I am probably one of the few that really likes Sonic’s cheeseburgers, will take advantage of this quite often I presume…