Sonic Promotes $2.99 Carhop Classic Deal

The latest limited promo at Sonic is The Carhop Classic.  Priced at $2.99 all day, The Carhop Classic comes with a Sonic Cheeseburger and a medium-sized order of Handmade Onion Rings.  Sonic menu descriptions:

• Sonic Cheeseburger – What you see is what you get. Melty American cheese, crinkle-cut pickles, chopped onions, fresh shredded lettuce & ripe tomatoes on a perfectly seasoned, 100% pure beef patty with your choice of mustard, mayo or ketchup. Straightforward and tasty, just the way it should be. (800 calories)
  • Handmade Onion Rings – There’s really nothing better than SONIC’s crispy, handmade onion rings (590 calories)

12 comments on “Sonic Promotes $2.99 Carhop Classic Deal

1. Chris says:

I would say that’s the best deal, but sonic charges for water, so you’re still out almost four dollars with tax.

On the other hand I had a couple of sliders at Arby’s at two yesterday, and at $2.29 (with water), that was a pretty good deal.

Yes, I know I’m cheap. I don’t need a soda at every turn, and I get enough calories as it is.

• DavyCrock says:

Sonic can’t charge for water in Arizona, because every establishment in this state is required to offer free tap water.

2. Doug says:

800 calories? I assume that’s with mayo. Big Mac tops out at 540 calories. Why do McDonald’s burger tend to be on the lower calorie side compared to other fast food I wonder…

• Robert says:

730 calories – with mustard
      750 calories – with ketchup
      780 calories – with mayo
      800 calories – with all three.

I also don’t know why it has so many calories, considering how skimpy (and just underwhelming) Sonic burgers taste. I mean, that’s how many calories a Culver’s double deluxe has. And there’s just no comparison in quality. It’s way beefier, too.

• Joe says:

The Big Mac is really just a value menu sandwich size-wise, it’s the extra bun half that makes it look bigger. They use the same size patties as the double cheeseburger. Each patty of a Big Mac is 1.6oz, or 3.2 oz total – a single Sonic patty is 4 oz or 1/4 lb. The Mac Sauce is just as bad as mayo, but it’s spread over a smaller bun than the rounder Sonic burger that takes extra sauce to layer on.

Could also be a difference in the percent of fat in each given patty, the higher the fat content the higher the calorie count. McDonald’s generally has one of the lower calorie count menus of the big fast food companies, which is why I always think it’s funny when people call the Big Mac a ‘fatty’ person sandwich – it’s actually pretty reasonable now and then.

3. Doug says:

1390 calories… was it worth it?

4. chris says:

I was there for happy hour today and got it as an impulsive buy. This is a good deal for $3.00 plus tax. I’d forgotten or they’ve gotten better. Sonic burgers aren’t so bad.

The onion rings at sonic are pretty good, and usually cost $2.00 plus alone. I have been rash. that and two large slushes at happy hour was only $6.00 today. Good deal! Hope everyone has a great week!

• doctorx0079 says:

Every time I had a burger at Sonic it was overly salty and dry as a bone. Maybe I should give them another chance?

• Chris says:

Maybe. I just had another one for lunch today. Brought my own drink so it was only $3.29. It’s the best deal in FF right now if you ask me. Ordinarily that would run $7.00 with tax.

5. boridi says:

The Big Mac isn’t a quarter pound of meat like this one.

6. Zman73 says:

I am probably one of the few that really likes Sonic’s cheeseburgers, will take advantage of this quite often I presume…

7. bobo says:

Anyone else think the onion rings are smaller than the regular size?