New Buttermilk Crispy Chicken Tenders from McDonald’s

McDonald’s has had a steady stream of new products and “improved” products.  The latest update to the menu comes in the form of new Buttermilk Crispy Chicken Tenders, which are made with battered and breaded 100% white meat chicken, with no artificial preservatives, colors, or flavors.  The official description says they’re “Perfect for dipping with our sweet and tangy Signature Sauce.”, and you’ve also got eight more dipping sauces to choose from.  A 4-piece order will set you back 490 calories, 26 grams of fat, 22 grams of carbs, 1360 milligrams of sodium, and 39 grams of protein.

18 comments on “New Buttermilk Crispy Chicken Tenders from McDonald’s

1. Caitlin says:

I wonder if it will be any different from their chicken selects? Didn’t they discontinue those before because they were too expensive and they were losing money? What will make these any different? Looks like history might repeat itself!

2. Ryan D says:

I just got this today, comes in a weird box. The tenders are huge, I regret getting the 10-piece meal, lol.

3. Brian says:

These look pretty appetizing and I am not a fan of McDonald’s food. They even have that awesome tangy sauce that places like Raising Cain’s has. I’m not sure what the ingredients are in it, but it makes for some of my favorite dipping sauce ever. Famous Dave’s BBQ has these catfish fingers that come with Dave’s own variation of that sauce and it’s delicious and so are those fingers.

4. Johnnyboy says:

I am hoping these are made freshly when people order it. I actually saw this in the drive thru when I went to get my kid her Filet-o-Fish sandwich. I ordered the Chicken Selects one time and it was old, overcooked, dry and nasty, considering that I like all of Mickey D’s items. I also got it another time by accident, it was someone else’s order. Still dry and bad. They are edible with sauce…but KFC and Chick-fil-A beats them anyway. I am hoping these are good and not like their Buttermilk Chicken sandwich. How hard is it for them to come out a great chicken product? I would advise them to copycat KFC or Chick’s tenders…..but they can’t cause theirs are fresh chicken.

5. Scram says:

These aren’t that bad. Nowhere the great falvor of KFC ir ChickFila, but much better than their previous Chicken Selects. Mine were hot, juicy, and had a crunch to them that beats KFC, ChickFila, or Popeyes, in my opinion.

6. Karen C. says:

Just tried these. Maybe I had a bad batch but they were absolutely revolting and I’m not a fussy eater. They were rubbery, hard to chew, super greasy, and full of snaggly bits. I actuferl sick from eating them. So terrible

7. Nick says:

My McDonalds had a coupon: buy these and get a free fry and drink. They tasted identical to Chicken Selects and not very fresh. The new signature sauce was decent and I might pair it with some McNuggets next time. At $6.00 for a six piece before fries and drink these are not much of a value either.

• Dennis says:

I had this coupon too. Funny part is they have 4 pieces for $3, yet I paid $6 for 6 pieces. McDonalds has a weird math system.

8. Johnnboy says:

I had these and they are really meaty and I would say a 7 out of 10 in taste, the sauce on the other hand is okay if you like mayo and ketchup mixed sauce. The sauce should be better, not that great, I ate the rest of mine with Hot Mustard sauce and some just plain.

9. Delphia vega says:

Just got these today and I have to say I am not a fan. They may be called “chicken tenders” but the texture was really strange and did not seem to be what is traditionally considered “chicken tenders”. They were rubbery, tough and seemed to be made up of bits of chicken pressed together to form a facsimile of a tender. The taste is not bad but I found them hard to eat

• RayRay says:

I’ve only had these once so far but I agree with your assessment. The taste and quantity was fine but the texture was weird. Chicken is usually stringy (like a muscle tends to be) but these tenders were kind of flaky (kind of like the texture of fish). However, I’ll probably try them again if they offer some kind of special (free fries and soda?) because the taste was good.

10. CulinaryZerg says:

Buttermilk Schmuttermilk. I just know these are going to taste like another “McDonald’s product”, if you know what I mean.

You KNOW what I mean.

• Geforcepat says:

Yes we do lol:D

• CulinaryZerg says:

OK, so I tried them out of curiosity. Tastes EXACTLY like you’d expect. A generic stadium chicken tender except with the disturbingly familiar smell/taste shared by all products fried in McDonald’s buttery tasting oil. At least mine were fried to order.

• Barnaby says:

I honestly can’t tell if you’re trying to say that stadiums have some kind of distinct chicken tender or if that’s just a typo…

11. Ostncdy says:

Delphia Vega you’re not alone. I habe gotten these three times and the texture whether they are fresh or not, yippy still get that rubbery texture… don’t recommend. And they absolutely need to go back too selects. Much better than these buttermilk tenders.

12. Sandy says:

Hot mustard dipping sauce is back…woo hoo!

13. Dennis says:

The stupid box they serve them in is very awkward.