KFC Brings Back Nashville Hot and Georgia Gold Chicken with a New Colonel

There’s another Colonel at KFC… I think this is number seven in the last couple of years.  This time around it’s Ray Liotta playing Colonel Sanders and there’s a new campaign going on to promote the return of Nashville Hot Chicken (review) and Georgia Gold Chicken (review).  The new ad campaign begins Sunday, September 10th.

• Nashville Hot – The Colonel’s latest creation was inspired by one of Nashville’s most famous dishes. Featuring a perfect blend of spicy cayenne and smoked paprika, it’s available in tenders, Chicken Littles™, and Extra Crispy™ Chicken.
  • Georgia Gold – KFC’s all-new Georgia Gold Chicken with its delicious, tangy honey mustard BBQ sauce is now available with Extra Crispy Chicken, Extra Crispy Tenders, or on a Chicken Little sandwich. It’s gold! For your insides!

15 comments on “KFC Brings Back Nashville Hot and Georgia Gold Chicken with a New Colonel

1. Robert says:

These flavors are good, but you can watch them literally squirt the oil all over the tenders instead of tossing them in a respectable amount of sauce. So they end up partially floating in oil in the container until you eat them, making them greasier (and messier) than you’d expect. But they’re definitely tasty.

2. Justin ST says:

These are awful, just bring back the Twister, thanks.

3. T.J. says:

Loved both of these. The only menu items at KFC that make me not feel guilty about cheating on Popeye’s. Prefer the bone-in chicken over the tenders, personally.

4. holly says:

i think its time KFC really reconsider their ad campaign.

• Johnnyboy says:

I love their ad campaign, but have better deals with more chicken for $20! like 12 pieces chicken, 2 large sides and 4 biscuits for that price.

I personally like Norm McDonald as the best Colonel.

5. BigBelly says:

It never went away here, they just took it off the menu board and advertised it on a place mat type thing set on the counter.

6. Scram says:

Return? Mashville Hot returned last October, and has been on the menu ever since. That’s all I eat from KFC–Nashville Hot. I love it.

7. rodney says:

Georgia Gold was nothing special, but Nashville Hot is amazing!

8. doctorx0079 says:

Bring back the Zinger!

• Johnnyboy says:

Exactly bring back the Zinger, but with the same sauce as in late 90’s to early 2000’s and also bring back the Tender Roast! Also bring back Mean Greens!

9. JP says:

They never left here. Last time I ordered Georgia gold, I got the Nashville by mistake, and it was wayyyyy too hot. And what happened to the new BBQ they were testing?

10. Adam says:

I think the Nashville Hot chicken might be my favorite fast food item to debut in several years. I thought the Georgia Gold sauce was kinda gritty and weird. I hope KFC keeps the Nashville on the menu forever.

11. Greg says:

These never went away here in STL, either. I LOVE the NHC. It’s my favorite fast food release in like, forever. Although, the Ghost Pepper slider from White Castle is back, and that kicks ass.