New Hot Honey Crunch Tenders from Popeyes

The latest at Popeyes aims to balance sweet and heat with new Hot Honey Crunch Tenders.  Get three handcrafted Hot Honey Crunch Tenders drizzled in Red Hot Honey sauce plus a side, biscuit and more Red Hot Honey sauce for dipping for $5.
On the dessert side of things, the “new” Raspberry ‘n Cream Cheese Pie will be available for a limited time.  It was also labeled as “new” in 2014

15 comments on “New Hot Honey Crunch Tenders from Popeyes

1. Scram says:

Mine weren’t drizzled in sauce. I got three sauce cups on the side. It sucked.

• BigBelly says:

Has the sauce changed? This is what you wrote when it came out last…

scram says:
      September 29, 2015 at 10:55 am
      You don’t have to get fries with this. I got mine yesterday w/red and rice. I was underwhelmed by the flavor of the tenders, but at least they were big. The sauce was very good.

• Scram says:

Wow. Two years ago…even I don’t remember having it. I’m glad you took the time to dig through archives. I guess when the word hot is in it, I’m expecting heat. This really doesn’t have much of that at all.

• JF says:

That’s because they didn’t have these two years. I believe this is the first time they have offered this dipping sauce.

It’s my understanding that these are their everyday tenders (no special coating or seasoning) and the sauce they “drizzle” on it is the exact same as in the cup. So you’re not missing anything if you don’t get the drizzle. It fact it’s probably cleaner to eat without them trying to sauce it for you.

• BigBelly says:

Not much involved, below the picture of the pie it says “related” wild pepper tenderloins, I clicked on that.
          They came with “red HOT honey dipping sauce” and you apparently liked it very much then (no mention of it not being hot enough), hence why I asked if it had changed.
          I agree that it wasn’t very hot (I knew it wouldn’t be going in because I dug up my old comment) I thought it was a tad to vinegary as well, somethings hot sauce doesn’t work for, they’d have been better off spicing the honey with a chili powder. What’s out there that you’d consider hot?

• Scram says:

Also, are they too lazy to make it like it look like it’s advertised? These monthly Pro’s aren’t helping Popeyes anymore, which is why probably why less people ate visiting them lately.

“Restaurant Brands International Inc posted a slight drop in quarterly profit on Wednesday, as a strength in its Burger King chain was offset by fewer patrons visiting Tim Hortons and Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen”
        Financial Post, Aug 2

• Scram says:

LTO’s, not Pros…stupid auto-correct.

• BigBelly says:

Honestly, the drizzle added nothing, we ate them there, but they still are served cramped in the box, so even visually, not much more appealing.
          Curious if the quarter you’re quoting is April, May, June? It would have had shrimp as the LTO’s for Lent/Easter and I think they did wings also… personally I avoid them like the plague when they do those kind of specials, it becomes El Pollo Loco time.

2. ACS says:

Mine weren’t drizzled in sauce either. These were nothing that special, just a generic heat in the breading. I think their normal Spicy tenders are better.

3. Nate says:

These were…fine? I’m not sure if I would have noticed the difference between these and regular tenders without the sauce on them. Don’t get it twisted, they were tasty, but I feel like Popeye’s is playing it safe and boring with LTOs lately.

• CulinaryZerg says:

I think these sauce-drizzled tenders and the sweet & crunchy tenders are as “new” as anything they’ve had, at least moreso than another Wild Pepper / Ghost Pepper / generically spicy tender. I’m just bored of the overall gimmick (slight modification to batter or seasoning).

Next up: Popeye’s Tempura-style Tenders with tangy orange sauc….zzzzzzzzzz

4. BigBelly says:

We had them Tuesday night, and they came drizzled with what appeared and tasted to be exactly what was in the sauce tub. It tasted like a Franks Red Hot type sauce mixed with honey, which was ok, but not super exciting. The drizzle doesn’t really add much, except for making your fingers very sticky, which they must be aware of, because our order came with a bunch of wet naps that we don’t normally receive.
    The strips were meaty & prepared well (3 big ones in one order, 4 in the other), and super crunchy, though it appeared somewhat darker then usual, it just tasted like a regular strip. They came with a drink, a side, and a biscuit for $6 each. It was very filling, I took the pie home and ate it later, it was meh, I wish they’d bring back the lemon icebox pie, that was awesome on a hot day.