New Hashbrown Scramble Breakfast Burrito and Bowl from Chick-fil-A

Chick-fil-A’s Breakfast Burrito (review) has been replaced.  In its place, another breakfast burrito.  Introducing the new Hashbrown Scramble Breakfast Burrito from Chick-fil-A.  The new burrito features Hash Browns, scrambled eggs, a Monterey Jack and cheddar cheese blend and your choice of either sliced Chick-fil-A Nuggets (review) or sausage and served with Jalapeño Salsa.  If you don’t care to have it wrapped up in a burrito, you also have the option to go with the new Hashbrown Scramble Breakfast Bowl.  The Hash Brown Scramble Bowl has 450 calories and 30 grams of protein when made with nuggets. The bowl and burrito start at $3.49.  The new breakfast burrito and bowl are the first new additions to the Chick-fil-A breakfast menu since the launch of the Egg White Grill Breakfast Sandwich from last summer.

12 comments on “New Hashbrown Scramble Breakfast Burrito and Bowl from Chick-fil-A

1. Esther says:

CFA has the best fast food breakfast, in my opinion. Excited to give these a go!

2. Raymond says:

This is a travesty! This abomination pales in comparison to the original breakfast burrito. Gone are the roasted red peppers and onions to be replaces with…. hash browns? And then they want to charge 70 cents more for it. Ridiculous!

They’ve had this new version at a CFA in Gaithersburg for months now and it doesn’t have half the flavor as the one it’s replacing. On top of that, they don’t even offer it in a combo, so be prepared to pay full price for an accompanying coffee. I suppose a combo would be dumb anyway since they’s freaking hash browns in the burrito already, so who would also want them as a side?

I say we all boycott this item and let CFA know that we want out peppers and onions (and change) back!!

(No, this is not a sarcastic post.)

• Steven says:

love your sarcasm XD

• Joe K. says:

Have no fear – Taquitos from Whataburger are still around and not going anywhere (available with grilled onions and grilled peppers also).

Whataburger.com

• Esther says:

I got the bowl today, in a combo for leas than $7. I like hashbrowns. It was well worth the price, especially when compared to other CFA breakfast options. Sounds like it was just that location dropping the ball.

• Brent says:

My local CFA has it as part of a combo, with the default hash brown side and whatever drink you want. I thought it was pretty tasty and a good value, but I am a sucker for potatoes.

• Raymond says:

It looks like the new burrito is, in fact, offered in a combo, so I stand corrected on that point. $6.09 for the burrito, a side and small coffee (a savings of 34 cents over the individual prices). But why would I want hash browns in my burrito AND on the side? How much potato do I need in a single meal? I’d much rather have FLAVOR in the form of roasted onions and peppers in my burrito than just potato filler.

3. Johnnyboy says:

I wish they would bring back Steak Skillet burritos to McDonalds too….and the Spanish Egg Bagel too……

4. Russ says:

I actually would get the burritos without the peppers and onions when I went. So this is a welcomed change for me. Also, I can’t get enough of their hash browns so ordering a side of them would be fine for me.

5. Shannon says:

I hope that this is as good as it sounds.

6. lilly says:

i just bought this and was horrified. CFA, bring back the tasty onion and peppers. who need potatoes in a burrito.

7. Jackie says:

Wrote to CFA about their new burrito cause I HATED it! Response was jumbo jumbo about what a difficult decision it was and gosh we hope you try it! They don’t read their comments! Their old burrito was a low carb option and the hash browns just add mush to the mix without flavor! They should offer BOTH options!